Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable NYC Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable NYC Down

Signed up with them after their special post in LET, their resource based plans seemed pretty interesting. So far have had a fairly good experience with them and spun up 3 Ubuntu VPSs in the new NYC node and had a few wordpress sites / MySQL databases running on them with no issue.

Suddenly today, can no longer access ANY of them. Without making any changes to them that would cause them to go down, cannot access anything I have hosted in Wable either via HTTP / SSH and the IPs are not even responding to pings, so i'm definitely thinking they're having some trouble.

Submitted a support ticket, but didn't get an ETA / reason for what's going on.

Ugh!

Anybody else experiencing this?

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

said: Submitted a support ticket, but didn't get an ETA / reason for what's going on.

How long ago did you raise the ticket?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

We are aware of the issue, we have responded to all open tickets. When an update is available we will send out an e-mail to those affected.

• @Nekki said:
    How long ago did you raise the ticket?

I raised the ticket about 10 minutes before posting here. The unavailability began for me about an hour or two before ticketing / posting, however.

• @ryanarp said:
    We are aware of the issue, we have responded to all open tickets. When an update is available we will send out an e-mail to those affected.

Thanks for the response!

• @trustknow1 said:

Put yourself in your providers shoes, does 10 minutes of wait really justify posting it in public?

Thanked by 2Nekki netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@trustknow1 said:
    I raised the ticket about 10 minutes before posting here. The unavailability began for me about an hour or two before ticketing / posting, however.

Seriously son, 10 minutes? Get a grip.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • trustknow1trustknow1 Member
    edited July 2014

@Nekki said:
    Seriously son, 10 minutes? Get a grip.

It's not "10 minutes."

As of now, it's still down. I simply asked if anyone else was experiencing the issue, considering that I am hosting a production website on their service.

Making a personal attack on me and telling me to "get a grip" without knowing all of the facts? I think you might be the one in need of a "grip", sir. I wasn't saying anything negative about the provider or criticizing them. Sheesh.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2014

My ticket has been open most of the day.

NYC is down for me other locations up; had a ticket response saying looking into, few hours later Ryan said an update will follow (few hours ago).

And while typing this it has landed in the inbox...

Seems an issue with nlayer?

Edit;

The issue has been escalated with nLayer for several hours and we are working with them to resolve this ASAP. We do understand your frustration, and I can assure you that I am equally as frustrated with the time that this has taken. We will send out a RFO as well as update tickets ASAP.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@trustknow1 It was 10 minutes. You said so yourself. The downtime might have been longer, but you didn't raise a ticket when it started.

You didn't 'simply ask' anything, you came in waving the drama stick about:

Ugh!

Any more facts I need to know before I tell you to get a grip again?

• wychwych Member

Thanks for the update Ryan.

• wych said: RFO

@Nekki said:
    trustknow1 It was 10 minutes. You said so yourself. The downtime might have been longer, but you didn't raise a ticket when it started.

You didn't 'simply ask' anything, you came in waving the drama stick about:

> 
    > Ugh!

Any more facts I need to know before I tell you to get a grip again?

To clarify, before I even posted, I had the ticket raised.
    I posted here to have a calm, rational discussion and I get you just jumping down my throat for the crime of just posting a thread. If anybody in this thread is raising "the drama stick" its you, @Nekki. This is a VPS discussion board, and I was just stating what I was experiencing and asking if others were experiencing the same issue, in the spirit of the forum. I made no statements attempting to blame anybody or another claim hitherto.

I work in IT. Yes, I understand that systems fail and downtime is a reality here. At this point, I am not blaming Wable, or anyone else for that matter until the problem is further identified / resolved.

Step in my shoes for a second, I now cannot work on a project that I have had on their servers all day, and until further notice. I raise a ticket and come here hoping for some answers and while some other posters have been very helpful (@wych, @ryanarp et al) I get maligned by a so-called moderator for supposedly "starting drama" by stating the facts of what my experience was.

There is drama here, but none started by me. Shameful.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2014

trustknow1 said: To clarify, before I even posted, I had the ticket raised.

We know.

trustknow1 said: I raised the ticket about 10 minutes before posting here

So "about 10 minutes" after you opened the ticket, you posted this:

said: Submitted a support ticket, but didn't get an ETA / reason for what's going on

It just reads a little dishonest is all. I could open 15 tickets right now and then immediately post something like this:

I opened 15 support tickets and still no response about an outage!

If you literally just opened the ticket before posting, maybe say something like "I opened a ticket but it wasn't very long ago." It's all about how you word things. It alters the perception of the reader entirely. This place has some history, certain wording means certain things here.

Now you know how we perceive it, that's all.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Jar said:
    Now you know how we perceive it, that's all.

I understand how it can be easy to misinterpret something like that. But for Nekki to just jump right on to making a personal attack on me (as a moderator) is just uncalled for.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@trustknow1 said:
    I understand how it can be easy to misinterpret something like that. But for Nekki to just jump right on to making a personal attack on me (as a moderator) is just uncalled for.

Is 'get a grip' really a personal attack, or are you just amping up the drama again?

• UPDATE: As of 9:32 PM Eastern time it appears that they're back up.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Just out of curiosity, is there a RFO for such a long outage?

Not a costumer of them at the moment, but just earlier today I was looking to get a package or two out of their NYC location.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

RFO will be available to NY customers in 24 to 48 hours. All open tickets have been resolved.