Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems: Wrong advertising in LEB, then, custom new and... more expensive offer in support ticket - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems: Wrong advertising in LEB, then, custom new and... more expensive offer in support ticket

2»

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

@Jar Not exactly. Link in promo was invalid (it leaded to the previous offer in LEB order, the one with 1GB if I recall well), it did not lead to this promo (if it would did, then simply would have an "out of stock" message or similar).

I opened a ticket to correct the link in less than 24 hours from the time that they posted the offer. In the same ticket, I asked them also to give me an invoice about the offer.

The ticket closed 2 days after opening without a response, I opened again the ticket and they didn't close it but responded 12 days after the initial opening. Their response is on the first post of mine.

So, promo was never valid (the exact promo for 512MB, not the others in LEB post, there were several there), they never corrected it although I (at least) stated the invalid link. In a time window of 24 hours I asked them to buy their promo via ticket because the link in LEB was invalid, and they told me almost half a month later that now the price is up!

So, as I see it, it is about false advertisement, extremely long delay of answer to my ticket and never answer to my post in LEB that stated the invalid link, ven for them to say that the promo is over now...

Thanked by 1jar
  • @raza19 said:
    CVPS_Chris
    God d**** it ! again, same bs like ugvps! I MAKE IT A POINT OF STAYING CLEAR OF CVPS BS. If the host did sell, they at least didn't let any of their customers know :s

Guys, I don't think there's any actual proof of this. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

123system's support is indeed sub-par and their control panel is offline quite regularly. I don't have these issues with ChicagoVPS, so if anything, any acquisition should improve 123systems.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

mpkossen said: Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

But both Andrew and @CVPS_Chris refuse to comment on it. Rumor's been out there for months...a single denial would have killed it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

We know it doesn't.

• @raindog308 said:
    But both Andrew and @CVPS_Chris refuse to comment on it. Rumor's been out there for months...a single denial would have killed it.

With all due respect, but with the way certain people go about this I personally wouldn't dignify any of this with a response if I were Chris or Andrew.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    With all due respect, but with the way certain people go about this I personally wouldn't dignify any of this with a response if I were Chris or Andrew.

We both know Chris likes rumors. Especially gentle, non threatening ones like this. Free advertisement.