Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada ran out of IP's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada ran out of IP's

Hi everybody

So today OVH ran out of ip's from ARIN, as i tried to order more blocks i saw there is no option for canada ip's and only USA ip's available, Any way even order of USA ip's after i spoke on the phone they sad we waiting for ARIN to get more IP's

So each of you that going to order servers from them if its from SYS or OVH keep in mind right now only USA IP's can be provided with no real ETA time (they say probably tomorrow)

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

And this is why you purchase IPs in mass-bulk; nonetheless, thank you for the update.

Hopefully OVH CA get more IPs in soon! :)

• US IP might mean that you-re US-based, even if physically not. Watch out for legal issues, if you're up to things that are OK in Canada, but not in US.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@kerouac said:
    US IP might mean that you-re US-based, even if physically not. Watch out for legal issues, if you're up to things that are OK in Canada, but not in US.

That's just false, IP geolocation doesn't define applicable jurisdiction. Don't misinform.

• @Nyr said:
    That's just false, IP geolocation doesn't define applicable jurisdiction. Don't misinform.

When it comes to US, it's best to cover all bases. Next thing you know, you're being extradited to appear in court.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@kerouac said:
    When it comes to US, it's best to cover all bases. Next thing you know, you're being extradited to appear in court.

Look, I don't like the US and their policing either, but you are completely wrong on this. Geolocation can be set to anywhere and has nothing to do with jurisdiction.

Thanked by 4marrco c0y tux Cakey
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

kerouac said: When it comes to US, it's best to cover all bases.

+1

Even though your other post was a bit-off, this one was spot on.

• c0yc0y Member

@kerouac said:

Get off whatever drugs you're using, you're dilusional.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

c0y said: Get off whatever drugs you're using, you're dilusional.

NEVER!

• @Nyr @c0y

Why are you so sure. It sounds completely possible to me, if some US gov't body really wants you. Just for using a ".com" domain name, regardless of where you're servers are based, the US will tell you that you commited a crime in the US; because ".com" is apparently US soil. So why wouldn't they accuse you with the same thing, for using IPs that are based in the US?

Thanked by 1khav
  • khavkhav Member

@kerouac said:
    Nyr c0y

Why are you so sure. It sounds completely possible to me, if some US gov't body really wants you. Just for using a ".com" domain name, regardless of where you're servers are based, the US will tell you that you commited a crime in the US; because ".com" is apparently US soil. So why wouldn't they accuse you with the same thing, for using IPs that are based in the US?

+1

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@kerouac said:
    Nyr c0y

On another note, if they really want you, dont need any justification, extraordinary rendition and waterboarding at guantanamo.

• That's what happens when 256 IP's are free for $3/ Each ip one time.

• c0yc0y Member

@kerouac said:
    Nyr c0y

.com isn't soil, it's a roadsign to where your garden is

• W3HostW3Host Member

Never let yourself get in this position. I make sure I have high numbers of IPs at all times.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I have to say something:

HAHAAAA, I was the only one to get a Canadian OVH dedi, hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa loseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!

on another note, I got lucky :)

• @netomx what???

• Im still waiting for IP's i order yesterday:(

• yywudiyywudi Member

@netomx said:
    I have to say something:

and the CPU is D425? anyone got ks-1 in BHS with N2800?

• @yywudi we have 5

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@setupvps said:
    netomx what???

Nvm