Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows / KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows / KVM VPS

fndafnda Member

Hi guys

I need some info about windows vps provider.
I'm going to use this for game (facebook game - koc) so the only thing that will run the most is mozilla firefox.

My budget is between $2 - $2.5/month I can use trial win server or my own iso with license.

I found one and have contacted goodhosting but no reply yet.

Hope you guys can give me some info where i can get it beside goodhosting. Once again, this server purpose will only running mozilla firefox so i'm looking for a low specs kvm.

Thank you.

Comments

• ByteShack from Dr. Server has a Windows VPS for $2.70/month: 2 Share CPU cores, 256MB ram, 5GB SSD storage.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited July 2014

Vindora said: ByteShack from Dr. Server has a Windows VPS for $2.70/month: 2 Share CPU cores, 256MB ram, 5GB SSD storage.

Does this include windows or do we have to enter our own key/s?

EDIT: Yep, includes - Windows 2003 180 days Trial.

• BradBrad Member

@Boxode said:
    Does this include windows or do we have to enter our own key/s?

We will provide a 180 days trial.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Vindora said: ByteShack from Dr. Server has a Windows VPS for $2.70/month: 2 Share CPU cores, 256MB ram, 5GB SSD storage.

256MB of ram to run Windows is not advised. I have seen people leave a few tabs open on a idle 512 box and start to lock up the server.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

HC_Ro said: 256MB of ram to run Windows is not advised.

AFAIK it's 256MB free ram. All standard windows processes are not taken into account.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Boxode said:

How can?

• wychwych Member

Raise your budget and go with Winity.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

You can easily install Firefox in Linux VPS and reach it with VNC or RDP.

• I can try to provide you . but you need to raise your budget , If you still need it PM me.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

HC_Ro said: 256MB of ram to run Windows is not advised. I have seen people leave a few tabs open on a idle 512 box and start to lock up the server.

I invite you to try for free our mini hvm plan with windows 2003 trial.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

said: beside goodhosting

Stay away from goodhosting. They disappeared once here a month ago for a week, and now are disappeared again for a week.

Try DrServer.

Thanked by 20xdragon drserver
  • fndafnda Member

Hi everyone,
    Thank you for your fast response help, advice and warning I really appreciate it!

So, I'm purchasing openvz vps and installed ubuntu 14.04 + XRDP + xfce4 + firefox 29 this morning, connecting from my win 7 at home and it has been running probably 5 hours now and the memory usage around 423.01 - 500 MB of 768 MB total. And I think there's still enough ram for my private vpn.

So far so good.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

$3 windows vps?

Burstnet was cheapest provider who give windows vps at $7.

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited July 2014

Dual Core @ 3.3 Ghz , 512 MB Ram , 30 HDD Storage , 1 GBPS Port @ 100 GB BW

2.5 $ / month pm for the offer

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    $3 windows vps?

Burstnet was cheapest provider who give windows vps at $7.

And now look at them.

• wychwych Member

Winity or drServer.

Thanked by 1drserver