Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European hosting for personal Subsonic server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

European hosting for personal Subsonic server.

Hey there, I was wondering what sort of boxes are available for large data sizes (e.g. 1TB+), for use as (music only) streaming for me and possibly one or two friends. So the CPU could be fairly naff, but it would need to be able to index and stream my music.

Comments

• Kimsufi

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    Kimsufi

I use one of my Kimsufi servers for this very purpose. Absolutely perfect as a low-cost media server.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Kimsufi vs their partner company So you start? Is there a compelling reason to go with one or the other?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • rds100rds100 Member

It's the same company. Kimsufi is the cheaper / lowest end brand. SoYouStart is more expensive and with better servers. For your personal use a Kimsufi should be enough.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ratsupremacy said: Kimsufi vs their partner company So you start? Is there a compelling reason to go with one or the other?

Kimsufi is generally cheaper than SYS. A Kimsufi KS-3 sounds like it would meet your spec for £15 a month, whereas the SYS servers start at £30 a month (admittedly for a lot more server, but it's questionable whether you need it).

• Sweet, sounds like a plan!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ask them for the epic beard discount..... you never know!

• backupsy or vpsdime have .eu locations; highly reccomended.