Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

µTorrent vs BitTorrent?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

µTorrent vs BitTorrent?

klikliklikli Member
edited June 2012 in General

What's your choice?

Comments

• FreekFreek Member

qBittorent is my choice: http://www.qbittorrent.org/
    It's a sort of clone/fork of uTorrent, except without all the crap they've been putting into it lately, such as facebook integration etc. That totally defeats the idea behind uTorrent anyways.

• i always use µTorrent

• laaevlaaev Member

uTorrent

• Are you asking to compare the clients or the protocols?

• camargcamarg Member

I'm using rtorrent

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I use uTorrent just because I've used it for years and Azure and all those other clients didn't work well with my first computer, I used Transmission on my Mac though when I had a Mac.

• debugdebug Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd their the same protocol

• @debug said: @gsrdgrdghd their the same protocol

uTorrent has soem modificaitons/addons if i recall correctly

• rtorrent.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox kalam
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

utorrent, for years now.

• DamianDamian Member

uTorrent Server for me

• ZeroZero Member

µTorrent user here :)

• Deluge/Tixati definitely for me.

• Deluge, rtorrent or Transmission for me

• CoreyCorey Member

i use utorrent, rtorrent, bittorrent... depends on which one I feel like downloading.

• KairusKairus Member

utorrent simply because I don't torrent very often so I haven't cared about the client as long as it gets things done :P. Now, usenet is a much different story, I <3 usenet.

• KuroKuro Member

@klikli said: µTorrent vs BitTorrent?

uTorrent and BitTorrent are basically the same.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Kuro said: uTorrent and BitTorrent are basically the same.

that, in fact i'd wager they're now exactly the same since the Bittorent company bought utorrent many moons ago, and last time I played with bittorent it looked and acted identical to utorrent. Personally i'd still go with utorrent though, it's kind on the disk, is fast, stable, and let's me grab linux and bsd distros in no time.

• GaryGary Member

rtorrent.

• kalamkalam Member

@Aldryic said: rtorrent.

This.

• debugdebug Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: uTorrent has soem modificaitons/addons if i recall correctly

Still doesn't change that it uses the BitTorrent protocol, besides preferring uTorrent clients, ofc.

• lumaluma Member

rtorrent + nice setup of watch and completed folders and there you go, Done.

If you must have a pretty gui add rutorrent to the mix.

very little ram, fast, supported by trackers etc.

• Only thing that bugged me about rutorrent (been looking around for a web-based GUI frontend for the wife) is that there didn't seem to be a simple/efficient way to archive and download multiple files/directories at once. I ended up just sticking with rtorrent and scp/sftp.

• JTRJTR Member

Transmission, both on my personal computer, and on my VPS. Can't really beat it.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I use Tixati on both Linux and Windows (if I'm ever on a Windows box).

If it's possible to configure something related to torrents, Tixati has an option for it. Bandwidth graphs per torrent per peer including per-peer throttling? Sure. Sequential download? Sure. Etc., etc., etc. It's seriously impressive.

Some people may recognize the interface; it appears to be developed by the same guys that made WinMX in the past.

• @JTR said: Transmission, both on my personal computer, and on my VPS. Can't really beat it.

uTorrent stomps all over Transmission.