Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Features VPS companies should add - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Features VPS companies should add

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

There are a number of companies that offer outsourced support on a pay-per-ticket model.

• subigosubigo Member

@taipres said: Heh, do you really pay per ticket?

Yes.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited June 2012

Anyone looking for cPanel licenses, HostDime offered $14 cPanel licences for new customers, goes down to $13 after five purchases.

BuycPanel offer an API and WHMCS plugin I think to manage licenses, so customers can provision/modify licenses themselves. There shouldn't really be any tickets about it, it's pretty simple.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres you reduce concerns, you reduce cost/energy of the provider.

other topic: from your original list, i really have no problems paying extra for additional services. because those things help a lot when you want to consider your box for production.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

btw, do we have stats on how many percent uses their leb's for web hosting? If good, can we list features/setup specific for such usage?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said: I don't really like the way TOR's used. so I'd say no.

Uhm, what?

• @taipres said: Cheaper cpanel offering - the standard $15 a month is way too high, I know budget VPS providers don't have a "in" like shared hosting giants such as Hostgator, so can't offer at their prices, but something lower than 10 would be nice. Maybe a big discount if a user rents the VPS months in advance, so that cpanel is actually an option. Cheaper the better ;)

You expect the impossible.

@taipres said: Better resource monitor - SolusVM unfortunately isn't accurate and is very misleading on memory usage and most likely BW. Also making it accessible via phone app would be great. Lastly I know you providers are using quality stuff behind the scenes, share the love. :)

SolusVM has mobile apps.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Great list, a good target to work with, cPanel however is not a realistic expectation given the $7 IN TOTAL budget limited.

Maybe someone should start up allthatandabagforchips.com with a $20 limit and rather than a cost p/MB competition its a feature list and the resources are pre defined by the site. :)

• @taipres said: Allow Tor(entry/middle nodes at least) and proxies(private at least) - Only Tor exit nodes risk getting notices from gov, copyright groups etc.. for abuse, Tor entry/middle nodes don't.

No.
    ANY Tor node (Entry, Exit, Middle, Bridge) can be currently used to send out FULL BW reflection DDoS attacks - Very unsafe to run at the moment until this is fixed.

Source: I run a few Gbit exits

• You know, why not at the same time offer a free Ferrari with all VPSs, and maybe throw in a free house too!

• @taipres said: Allow Tor(entry/middle nodes at least) and proxies(private at least) - Only Tor exit nodes risk getting notices from gov, copyright groups etc.. for abuse, Tor entry/middle nodes don't. All they do is relay encrypted data anonymously, so basically just bandwidth contributors. In terms of private proxies, they have a lot of uses like doing what a VPN does only without the hassle of setting that up, or dealing with some of its flaws.

Maounique, is that you?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said: It's mainly used for illegal activity for what I have seen it used for.

Ever considered that that may have to do with the fact that for example a Syrian activist can't really shout off the rooftops that he's using TOR?

Seriously, according to your logic you'd have to ban e-mail because it's "mainly used for illegal activity".

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • JTRJTR Member

@taipres said: Free/cheap DNS hosting

What's wrong with Cloudflare?

Quite a few providers have this now.

@taipres said: Free/cheap file backup

Hard drives are still crazy expensive, so no.

@taipres said: Free domain

You'd need to be making quite a bit of profit from your users, and lock them in for a year at least for this to be a profitable perk.

@taipres said: Allow Tor(entry/middle nodes at least) and proxies(private at least)

Tor is shady, I don't blame them for banning it. Proxies, I agree.