Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Port Speed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Port Speed

2»

Comments

• JTRJTR Member

I prefer gigabit, because it usually means that there's enough free bandwidth for everyone. This is mostly because I've had some bad experiences with hosts who use 100mbps for the node, which ended up being completely overloaded.

For my dedi, the only reason I have gigabit is to absorb UDP floods.

• CoreyCorey Member

@FRCorey
    You must be running very few people per node. you say you haven't had them "BURST" above 10mbit... but we have had spikes of 80mbit, 70mbit etc. I don't know how you haven't had them burst over 10mbit unless you are limiting them. When they download something it's going to burst your pipe right?

• @Corey said: There are several companies here that offer gig ports to their vps customers, would like to know how much they limit customers and if they allow the customers to burst that gig for extended periods of time (presumably affecting other customers on the node?)

We don't limit / Yes.

• CoreyCorey Member

@William so you allow customers to burst that gig and affect other customers on the node....