Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with ChicagoVPS [So far] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with ChicagoVPS [So far]

2»

Comments

• @ATHK said:
    If you wanted hour response times you should I purchased from the top ten list here on LET....

Idk about OVH now since I haven't used them for 1.5 years. I had a node with them for a little over a year with them, and my servers we're setup instantly.

• SweetSweet Member

@JavaPortals

You are not good at making friends are you?

• @Sweet said:
    JavaPortals

You are not good at making friends are you?

Not at all...

• @JavaPortals said:
    Not at all...

Though, I'm more comfortable at home being alone, so I don't really care about it

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@JavaPortals said:
    Though, I'm more comfortable at home being alone, so I don't really care about it

You're so a bad at making friends you respond to yourself in forum threads?

• @Nekki said:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:

Seems just about right

• c0yc0y Member
    edited July 2014

@JavaPortals said:
    Not at all. They're for development servers.

That's a little vague. Now that we're at it wnyway, let's have a nice chat about it :-)

So what kind of development servers? Like, VNC workspaces? Or development Minecraft servers? Or servers to test applications on? Continuous integration? (e.g. Jenkins)

• So... this James guy... who is he? I opened a ticket and he was quite helpful.

• After two years with with CVPS i'm overall happy, but sometimes the node i'm on gets effected by network issues or a DDOS, for example today i'm reciving this.

ping desktop.pcjamesy.net
    PING desktop.pcjamesy.net (198.46.152.62) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=101 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=8 ttl=50 time=89.6 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=16 ttl=50 time=91.4 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=18 ttl=50 time=85.8 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=27 ttl=50 time=85.0 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=31 ttl=50 time=87.6 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=34 ttl=50 time=84.9 ms
    64 bytes from host.colocrossing.com (198.46.152.62): icmp_seq=37 ttl=50 time=85.8 ms
    ^C
    --- desktop.pcjamesy.net ping statistics ---
    41 packets transmitted, 8 received, 80% packet loss, time 40948ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 84.918/88.929/101.007/5.061 ms

But 99.9% of the time everything is fine with prefect uptime and performance just tiny issues like this for an hour or so each month. No major issues since they were hacked in june last year.

• @c0y said:

Servers to fu** around with. I had some old laptops a few months ago but they're dead now.

• @eddynetweb said:
    So... this James guy... who is he? I opened a ticket and he was quite helpful.

He seems like a bot to me. I'll post more ticket replies soon