Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap ssl cert?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap ssl cert?

lifehomelifehome Member
edited July 2014 in Requests

In short, any ssl cert recommendation other than gogetssl?
I am freaking jumpy about their response time.

Okay, I gotta admit that I am too damn picky on the support of ANY service.
Got used to NameCheap's service years ago cuz the certificate comes along with my domains cheap, but now I got Namesilo and gogetssl by my side, but I just can't be patient with the support of gogetssl.

UPDATE: My bad on the different domain reissue. My bad.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2014

said: response time.

Why do you need response time for an SSL provider? SSL as a product has two states: issued, not issued.

• Jar said: SSL as a product has two states: issued, not issued.

The third one is reissued, but gogetssl couldn't reissue to different domain without contact their support.

Thanked by 1jar
  • reissue to different domain

Huh?

• @msg7086 said:
    Huh?

example.org -> example.pro

• blackblack Member
    edited July 2014

@lifehome said:
    but gogetssl couldn't reissue to different domain without contact their support

example.org -> example.pro

That would be the correct assumption. Do you expect the same person to own buyvm.com vs buyvm.net? :P

• @black said:
    That would be the correct assumption. Do you expect the same person to own buyvm.com vs buyvm.net? :P

I do own a bunch domains, and while issuing the certificate, DV is a must to validate the ownership of the domain, isn't it? So it doesn't exist such a problem on the assumption you made.

• blackblack Member

@lifehome said:
    I do own a bunch domains, and while issuing the certificate, DV is a must to validate the ownership of the domain, isn't it? So it doesn't exist such a problem on the assumption you made.

They have to verify you own both domains. DV verification usually happens via email, sent to admin@domain so sending an email to [email protected] vs [email protected] doesn't imply it's the same person.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited July 2014

Nevertheless the progress of verification, what I am trying to point out that GGSSL is inconvenient to reissue a whole certificate into a new domain, no matter who owns the domain. (As NC allows me to reissue the "order" to a new domain)

• @lifehome said:
    Nevertheless the progress of verification, what I am trying to point out that GGSSL is inconvenient to reissue a whole certificate into a new domain, no matter who owns the domain. (As NC allows me to reissue the "order" to a new domain)

Please excuse my English, but are you saying that we only need to purchase one SSL certificate and can reissue it to my other domains without paying more money?

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited July 2014

@msg7086 said:
    Please excuse my English, but are you saying that we only need to purchase one SSL certificate and can reissue it to my other domains without paying more money?

Not sure if I understood what you're talking about...

(My case is that) NC allows a user to reissue a certificate for free, just provide the CSR and you are free to go with your new cert, no matter what domain it is.

• blackblack Member

@lifehome said:
    (My case is that) NC allows a user to reissue a certificate for free, just provide the CSR and you are free to go with your new cert, no matter what domain it is.

Please post provider. I have like 20 domains, I'll buy 1 certificate and request 19 "reissues".

• Never heard any providers doing this. Thanks for sharing.

• My bad. My case was reissuing a subdomain instead of my example provided earlier.

example.org -> secure.example.org

sry 4 that.

• johnjohn Member

Issuing to a different domain isn't a reissue...

Thanked by 1Silvenga