Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS and myBB Showing the Webservers IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS and myBB Showing the Webservers IP?

BellaBella Member
edited July 2014 in Help

Hi.

I have a dev WHMCS install and a dev myBB forum on a cPanel server becuase I sometimes codes custom WHMCS modules and myBB Plugins.

But all the logs on both softwares show the webservers IP.

For example, in WHMCS when someone logs in, or places an order, it shows the webservers IP instead of the persons real IP.

Same thing for myBB, when someone logs in or registers, it shows the servers IP.

Anyone know what's wrong?

I am pretty sure it's a setting on the cPanel server but I'm not sure what to tell the host.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Is CloudFlare enabled without the Apache plugin to fix IPs

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Looks like they are using a reverse proxy but not passing the real client information to the proxied server.

This is pretty lame, but tell them and they should fix it.

• Tell 'em to flip on mod_rpaf

• @shovenose said:
    Is CloudFlare enabled without the Apache plugin to fix IPs

You don't' need the apache module just in your php code just add Cloudflare's XForward real IP code snippet, In this case it seems as if a Reverse proxy is indeed being used perhaps in conjunction with Cloudflare?

• BellaBella Member
    edited July 2014

I've tried my domains with and without Cloudflare and it still shows the servers IP, so I'm guessing we can rule out Cloudflare.

I sent a ticket to the host with a link to this thread so they can look at the suggestions you guys posted.

I think they have an NGINX reverse proxy installed on their cPanel server as I remember seeing an NGINX error page a few weeks ago.

• @Bella said:
    I've tried my domains with and without Cloudflare and it still shows the servers IP, so I'm guessing we can rule out Cloudflare.

I sent a ticket to the host with a link to this thread so they can look at the suggestions you guys posted.

I think they have an NGINX reverse proxy installed on their cPanel server as I remember seeing an NGINX error page a few weeks ago.

You should log into your cPanel and look for the cPanel Shared IP Address and try that with Cloudflare's A Records with Cloudflare off of course just to test.