Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel Atom 2750 reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel Atom 2750 reviews?

Anyone know about the Intel Atom 2750 ((8 Cores).
Is it powerful and how does it compare to for example the L5420 or L5520

Thanks

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited July 2014

Dual L5520 is still better. Onpar with Dual L5420. Half of a E3 1230.

• @serverian said:

Is it suitable for providing shared web hosting do you reckon?

• @PremiumN said:

That's not a simple yes or no question. You cannot host a very high traffic website on it, yet you can host thousands of someone-maybe-visits-once-a-week websites on it.

Shared hosting is being sold for decades and today's modern CPUs are at least 10 times more powerful than the CPUs 10 years ago.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

PremiumN said: Is it suitable for providing shared web hosting do you reckon?

Why not go for an E3 range CPU?

• Depends on how many customers you want to host and how demanding your customers are
    you can host hundreds of static html site customers who gets less that 500 visitors per month or 10 heavy sites with mysql

• @PremiumN said:

TL;DR, it's half suitable of a E3. Or say, it can host half websites as a E3.

• I/O seems to be more of an issue with lots of small sites for me.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Intel Atom C2750 is great proc integrated with motherboards supermicro and ASRock, and it was made for operation type like, CDN, Cloud Computing, Hosting & Application Delivery, Web Cache, Web Server.

I saw one supermicro motherboard in action, and i have nothing negative to say, great idea for making this product and running VM's is just one cool piece of cake.

Anyway, think about memory space on motherboards as well, you will always have 32/64GB limits in this time.

• We using few of them (A1SAi-2750F) for exclusive customers. It performs in multi-threaded programs like a single L5520 but with less energy consumption.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2014

This is how my C2750 looks like while hosting a PHP-driven site with around 12,000-16,000 daily visitors and approx. 450,000-500,000 pageviews a day. I am happy with the performance so far.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@amitz what were you using before the atom?

• Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited July 2014

@serverian said:

Why is Atom 2750 on par with Dual L5420? Is there that much of a real world difference from the passmarks? Care to elaborate?

Atom 2750 Passmark: 3797

>

Dual L5420 Passmark: 6627

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2014

@jbiloh said:
    amitz what were you using before the atom?

The Atom replaced an E3-1230. Load and CPU usage on both are absolutely comparable with the given usage.

@Amitz said:

Did that cause the site to slow down given the load averages?

• AmitzAmitz Member

Not at all. It is as if I replaced an E3-1230 with an E3-1230. Again - no idea how it performs for other applications, but for webhosting, it is perfectly fine as it seems.

Good to hear, and I'm sure the savings feels good too.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited July 2014

Wonder how good these little atoms would be for something like gameservers since it has 8 cores vs E3-1230's with 4 cores/4 threads (obviously not going to be better since clock speed is lower).

• Depends on the game server. Is it single threaded it is not really fast. The application should use all cores.

• SRCDS-based servers. :-)