Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's wrong with BuyVM's node 23?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's wrong with BuyVM's node 23?

klikliklikli Member
edited June 2012 in General

I really rarely log-in but today, while I attempted to download something, I noticed that the I/O performance is obviously below average:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 81.2022 s, 13.2 MB/s

Does anyone else one the same node as me encounter the problem?

Comments

• Did you open a ticket about it?

• klikliklikli Member

Hits better now, 85.5MB/s. Seems I opened the thread too fast, but before the test I run apt-get update for quite some time.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@klikli said: Seems I opened the thread too fast

Meh, we all make mistakes, but from those mistakes we must learn our lesson, as I'm sure many people have said on numerous occasions this isn't a support forum, go submit a ticket first It's annoying for the company involved too, gives others a bad impression on the company, because it might just be a temporary problem which is being fixed and you would've known about it if you submitted a ticket.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

• @klikli said: Hits better now, 85.5MB/s.

That's still pretty horrible. Go ahead and open a support ticket, we need to have a look at that.

• If that's bad, then my node is doing worse (Not sure which, buy BuyVM).

matan@room22:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 14.6241 s, 73.4 MB/s
    matan@room22:~$

• The funny thing is, those results are better than required for everyday use :p

• CoreyCorey Member

@GetKVM_Ash but they are running raid10 so it should be double that is what they are saying.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Corey said: but they are running raid10

But it is also the weekend, so you'll see a huge increase in people running automated backups further stressing the server. I see multiple backups running all weekend on several nodes myself, so it is safe to assume the same at other providers.

Thanked by 1klikli