Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hackforums.net - FBI raided?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hackforums.net - FBI raided?

Rumors have started spouting that "HF" - Hackforums.net was raided by a 3 letter organzation.

HF is an online community for discussion of computer security & had a very large security related marketplace.

Thoughts?

Comments

• SunnSunn Member

That was one of my favorite forums. And yes, i was speaking to omniscent on skype regarding this.

• I doubt it although the admin haven't tweeted anything about the site being down

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited July 2014

Took you a while vi, it's been down for hours.

Plus the rumours are from people who hate HF, so yea lets listen to pastebins.

• rds100rds100 Member

I doubt they would want to raid it, they'd "benefit" much more by just monitoring all the traffic, which they probably already do.

Thanked by 2marrco MannDude
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In general, in HF world, haters gonna DDoS, not spread rumours, so, maybe that is going on.

• Never visited hackforums does not make any difference to me.But heard a lot about it.

• meatonmeaton Member

Usually when a website has been seized by the feds isn't the following image usually posted? Seems more like a DDoS or something else going on here...

• CakeyCakey Member

Maounique said: not spread rumours

Are you new to this world?

People will do anything for fame or just a "lol", go look on twitter lots of kids saying they are DDoSing HF.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @meaton said:
    Usually when a website has been seized by the feds isn't the following image usually posted? Seems more like a DDoS or something else going on here...

They also change the Who.is too: http://who.is/whois/hackforums.net/ nothing changed there.

Thanked by 1meaton
  • GreenHostBox said: I doubt it although the admin haven't tweeted anything about the site being down

because its not down maybe? loads fine here. and am sure a raid would have been easy anyway just look at whois.

• It is back up now...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Cakey said: Are you new to this world?

No, I meant that the first thing would be a DDoS then brag about it, in case of it being taken by the government there would have been no bragging involved.
    And law enforcement is not really interested by actual computer crime unless it targets their computers, the real criminals in their view are those that try to remain anonymous and spread "dangerous ideas". How many cases of people investigated for DDoS do you know and how many for privacy related "offenses"? There you go.

• I tried to open HF. "Your IP has been blocked bla bla bla, contact witza.com".

Witza.com, in turn, is blocked by our Roskomnadzor Internet censorship organization.

"They have all gone crazy".

• @Cakey said:
    Took you a while vi, it's been down for hours.

Plus the rumours are from people who hate HF, so yea lets listen to pastebins.

Whenever vi opens his stupid mouth it makes the IQ of the forum drop several points.

Anyway, @Cakey, you might want to fix your signature or the mods will put you into member_no_signature. :)

• CakeyCakey Member

@0xdragon said:
    Anyway, Cakey, you might want to fix your signature or the mods will put you into member_no_signature. :)

What is wrong with it (Sorry haven't been on much so I don't know much anymore)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Cakey said:
    What is wrong with it (Sorry haven't been on much so I don't know much anymore)

The only HTML you are allowed to use it to make text bold, italic, underlined, to strike something through, or to add a hyperlink. Any other HTML, CSS, images, or other media are not allowed.
  • CakeyCakey Member

@Nekki said:

The only HTML you are allowed to use it to make text bold, italic, underlined, to strike something through, or to add a hyperlink. Any other HTML, CSS, images, or other media are not allowed.

Fixed.

• @Nekki said:

you have always been a naturally born moderator.

once a mod always a mod

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Cakey said: Fixed.

Thank you kindly, Sir.

enitan092 said: once a mod always a mod

More like once a mod, temporarily a mod until some full-time mods are found.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

omfg nekki is mod again, yay

• CakeyCakey Member

@Boxode said:
    omfg nekki is mod again, yay

And I see you've changed your name.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • cassacassa Member

http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4226669

Not raided for running HF but for buying a RAT, but maybe it has a relation.

• cassa said: Not raided for running HF but for buying a RAT, but maybe it has a relation.

The BlackShades busts were months ago now and they were glorious. I don't think many convictions came of it (at least yet, it was only May) but they certainly put the wind up a few skids.

• VPNVPN Member

People said:
    DDoS

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I mean let's face it, if it was DDoS it was most likely a HF member who that Leet or Uber removed. FBI or CIA would make a big song a dance with seized notices if it was then.

• AThomasHowe said: I don't think many convictions came of it

I only ever saw credible proof of 2.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: More like once a mod, temporarily a mod until some full-time mods are found.

No, you bear the Mark.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@eddynetweb said:

Sorry, m.quickmeme.com has been blocked by your network administrator.

:(

• @netomx said:

your network administrator doesn't like memes!

• @netomx said:

LOL, what is your ISP? I assume you are at work or something?