Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wtb reliable and cheap VPS. ssd required.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wtb reliable and cheap VPS. ssd required.

Not sure if this is the correct category for this post.

I'm currently looking for a VPS with roughly 2gb ram, SSD (10-20gb), 1-2 ipv4. Happy to pay yearly for a nice deal ;) any location considered, but I would like to have options.

Main requirement is that it must be a community reccomended provider. I have seen many horror stories here and have had couple my self. This is for a production server, so reliability is super important. And I'm looking for any special deals available or something that one of the good providers can offer.

On another thread I saw a list of reccomended providers (not sure how accurate this is, please feel free to add to it):
Ramnode, Iniz, Prometeus, Crissic, Rijx, DrServer, VPSDime, CatalystHost, WeLoveServers, i83, FTPit, FlipHost, CloudShards, Torqhost, Inception, Vultr, Wable, iWstack, Hostus

PS. Best offer I have seen so far is Chicago VPS $30/year for 2gb ram and 15gb SSD. Though I havent seen very many reccomendations for them.

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

you need good reliable stuff, you need to pay for good reliable stuff :P

http://lowendbox.com/blog/myrsk-4-99month-768mb-and-6-99month-1-5gb-kvm-in-phoenix-az-usa/

We have been around since 2009, if you would like to talk about cheaper pricing, please let me know - I can always workout something nice for our LET clients :D

• You are not going to see that price from those providers.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited July 2014

You must choose between reliable and cheap, but not both.

For example, I personally use linode for reliable web hosting, and kimsufi for reliable storages.

And I personally use ramnode for cheap web hosting, and vpsdime/backupsy for cheap storages. Not saying they are unreliable, but I won't put a 2mln PV per day website on that VPS because both my neighbors' and my life will be ruined.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited July 2014

Most reliable providers are Prometeus, BuyVM, RamNode, Iniz , MyCusomHosting, DrServer etc but I don't think you would be able to find a reliable SSD vps with 2 GB RAM for a cheap yearly pricing.

• @K2Bytes said:
    Most reliable providers are Prometeus, BuyVM, RamNode, Iniz , MyCusomHosting, DrServer etc but I don't think you would be able to find a reliable SSD vps with 2 GB RAM for a cheap yearly pricing.

IIRC BuyVM VZ Server are all SSD equipped. But for 2GB RAM it won't be cheap.

edited July 2014

@msg7086 said:

Even @rsk is also a good provider but I don't think even he can offer as cheap yearly pricing as OP is looking for.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

K2Bytes said: Even @rsk is also a good provider but I don't think even he can offer as cheap yearly pricing as OP is looking for.

hehe, true that. But you never know, sometimes we can ;)

Thanks for the compliments :D

• decaydecay Member

Thanks for the inputs. Sorry, i may have confused some of you when i mentioned the chicargo vps pricing. I don't mean to imply that im looking for someone a lot more reliable to match that price (obviously if you can then i will give you my money haha).

Also i do not mean to imply that i want both "cheap" and "reliable". thats just asking for impossible. Let me correct my self.

I want a RELIABLE host (with the spec requirements mentioned above). And out of those "reliable hosts that can meet the spec requirements", what is the cheapest (or close enough) option? also to add, as i mentioned, im happy to prepay 6-12 months in advance for a good price/deal :P

Also to further clarify the above statement, i understand that reliability cannot be very well measured. But by that, i mean a VPS that is considered reliable enough to be used as a production environment (and a provider good enough to host/support it).

@rsk, will chuck you a pm shortly :P

edited July 2014

@decay said:
    Thanks for the inputs. Sorry, i may have confused some of you when i mentioned the chicargo vps pricing. I don't mean to imply that im looking for someone a lot more reliable to match that price (obviously if you can then i will give you my money haha).

Also i do not mean to imply that i want both "cheap" and "reliable". thats just asking for impossible. Let me correct my self.

I want a RELIABLE host (with the spec requirements mentioned above). And out of those "reliable hosts that can meet the spec requirements", what is the cheapest (or close enough) option? also to add, as i mentioned, im happy to prepay 6-12 months in advance for a good price/deal :P

Also to further clarify the above statement, i understand that reliability cannot be very well measured. But by that, i mean a VPS that is considered reliable enough to be used as a production environment (and a provider good enough to host/support it).

rsk, will chuck you a pm shortly :P

@rsk would be a fine choice, other than that you may look for the providers I mentioned in my first post above.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

decay said: "cheap"

decay said: "reliable"

No.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2014

@msg7086 said:

Correct, at least in LV.

All plans 256MB+ OVZ plans in Vegas are SSD with NJ getting upgraded later this year once I work out the last few quirks of the adaptecs.

Those same OVZ LV plans include free, nigthly backups with snapshot support, free /64 allocation of IPV6 if you so choose, affordable filtering if you're the target of floods, and hopefully, soon free fully managed support.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Francisco

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • Francisco said: soon free fully managed support.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Francisco said: soon free fully managed support

Fran going into crazy mode right here ladies & gentlemen.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I like doing tickets ;)

Francisco

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I will do that for €60 p/year in Miami or €5/month

2GB Ram

20 GB SSD

Xen PV or HVM

1TB Bandiwdth

IPv4+6

Ant.

• khavkhav Member

Go and buy at Ramnode

They are the best and most reliable provider for vps that i ever used........

P.S i used their server in production and i vouch for them