Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Varnish worth it if you don't have a lot of traffic? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Varnish worth it if you don't have a lot of traffic?

2»

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

PremiumN said: Its a 12GB VPS that has around ~70 sites hosted

And you haven't switched to a dedicated server why?

You can find excellent dedicated servers to meet all budgets. From $13/m to $50/m; I highly suggest you move to a dedicated service and then optimize/fix any problems within your setup after.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2014

@PremiumN said:
    Does Varnish help with high server loads?

There is a good chance that the answer is yes, but this assumes the problem is found in a lot of dynamic websites that could easily be viewed as static content that have poor, or no, caching.

• damoncloudflare said: This is not true. Free and Pro sites don't get different treatment relative to speed because they aren't on an Enterprise or Business plan.

So it impacts website performance negatively no matter which plan you use? Good to know.

• lukelarris said: So it impacts website performance negatively no matter which plan you use? Good to know.

If it's negatively impacting website performance, you're doing something wrong.

Thanked by 3jar Cakey Dylan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Rallias said:
    If it's negatively impacting website performance, you're doing something wrong.

That or you have the most incredible networking I've ever seen, that actually causes users across the whole world to load images faster from your server than from one near to them.

If you have that, well...I'd like a colo quote.

Thanked by 2shovenose Dylan