Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarter Servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quarter Servers?

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

Maybe you can't advertise it here, but as you've ran this past us for opinions, I don't see the issue in letting us know if you decided to follow through with it or not. If the moderators disagree, email us ;)

• @BlueVM I'd be interested but later down the road. That sounds pretty appealing though!

• ReeRee Member

Wish I had stumbled upon this thread before signing up with the Q6600 from Kimsufi yesterday...this is just a couple bucks more expensive but comes with RAID protection, albeit with a smaller HD.

Speaking of HD, if it's 4 x 1TB in RAID 10 why does each quarter only receive 250GB? Seems like that leaves a lot of leftover.

Whatever the case, if there's still one left I'll probably be signing up next month after the Kimsufi dedi expires.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Ree Well I'm not sure if this is the reason, but the beginning of a hard disk gets faster access times.

• @Ree - We do parallel backups between servers so 1 TB goes to clients, 1 TB is for another machines backups. The backup process is nice 20'd to prevent any interference.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM so how many ips will be assigned to each client by default?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I love this thing. Performs like a beast. You can get cheap dedicateds but good freaking luck pulling off this disk performance for anything close to the price. Well over 400mb/s and I have to share it with...3 people. Forgive me if I sound like a breathing advertisement.

• Hehe, @BlueVM did pull off a damn good deal with this.

@dearroy: Its one IP per quarter and half servers.

• Thanks for the positive feedback HalfEatenPie and Jarland.

-
    One (1) IP Comes with these by default. If you need more you can request them at $1.00 /Mo. each limit 16 maximum.

• btw, I think 5 TB of Bandwidth should be more attractive:)

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Are these still available? Order link?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@telephone thanks :)