Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Daily Leak] This time: Last.fm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Daily Leak] This time: Last.fm

LESLES Member
edited June 2012 in General

Just like LinkedIn and eHarmony yesterday, Last.fm warns users to change their passwords following a security breach.

We're investigating a security issue with user passwords.

As a precaution, we recommend you change your password:

http://www.last.fm/passwordsecurity

Comments

• Not another site... Makes me want to uhm. Disconnect.

• CoreyCorey Member

Ugh, I used last.fm .... good thing I don't use that password anymore.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Eww, this is irritating. I hate the fact that I have to change passwords every 5 minutes these days :/

• CoreyCorey Member

@liamwithers, stop using one password for everything :P

Thanked by 1Liam
  • nabonabo Member

@Corey said: stop using one password for everything

Even though I'm not using one password for all sites I would still change the password for sites whose database got leaked. Wouldn't you, too?

• CoreyCorey Member

@nabo yes if I used the site :P

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Corey I use maybe 8 or 9 different passwords?

The one for my last.fm account is only really used for other similar services (spotify/rdio/hulu/netflix etc.) but even if I had a different password for everything, I don't want somebody knowing my password, whether or not I use that site is irrelevant. That's my account, not some kid from across the globes, so I'll change my pass thanks :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

My last.fm is using my old single password that I used for everything. Intentionally not changed. Enjoy my backstreet boys music. Some things they can just have if they want them that bad...

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

My desktop got drive-by'd the other month (stupid Java plugin) and while I got the machine cleaned up within the hour, I only joined the dots earlier this week to realize that they made off with the passwords sorted in FileZilla while the machine was still connected to the Internet post-infection. (Turns out it wasn't just a long unconnected string of vulnerabilities causing my VPSes to get pwned. I am a terrible sysadmin sometimes.) So, sometimes multiple passwords don't help :P