Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable Windows Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable Windows Dedicated Server

ibabibab Member

I'm looking for an affordable Windows Dedicated Server from Europe.
I know hosts such as OVH and Hetzner, but they have pretty high installation fees.

The requirements would be 4GB of RAM and a decent 3rd or 4th gen CPU. Price range preferably under 40€/month.

Comments

• Buy a Kimsufi server, install windows on it using my tutorial ;)

• J1021J1021 Member

Kimsufi? They have 10EUR installation fees.

• ibabibab Member
    edited July 2014

@joodle said:
    Buy a Kimsufi server, install windows on it using my tutorial ;)

Do I need a Windows licence for that?

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited July 2014

http://i3d.net/deals

the x3210 on there using coupon RESELLi3D brings it to 20€ + if i remember correctly windows server 2008 or 2012 license is like 15 euro.
    Unmetered 100mbit but only with a small drive..

or go for the x3430 they have and use PROMO30 and it will be 25€ with 20TB @ 1Gbit

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: a decent 3rd or 4th gen CPU.

Counting from which one? Do you mean 80386 and 80486?

1e10 said: 10EUR installation fees

Such high. Wow.

• ibab said: Do I need a Windows licence for that?

Yes. its quite clear.

• J1021J1021 Member

rm_ said: Such high. Wow.

I wasn't implying anything of the contrary, 10EUR setup fee is still a bargain for what Kimsufi offer. Or have I had a sense of humour failure? ;-)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@1e10 Oh I read your post as if you were answering to @joodle saying his suggestion was not appropriate in this thread due to the setup fee.

• J1021J1021 Member

rm_ said: Oh I read your post as if you were answering to @joodle saying his suggestion was not appropriate in this thread due to the setup fee.

Ah, that makes sense I guess. I posted literally as Joodle did and didn't see his post until after.

• ibabibab Member

@1e10 said:
    Kimsufi? They have 10EUR installation fees.

I have a server from Kimsufi already actually and I wasn't aware it was possible, other than the Hyper-V one that wont meet my requirements. Though, I don't have a Windows licence and can't really afford one.

• ibab said: Though, I don't have a Windows licence and can't really afford one.

I don't recommend this, but there are ways... you know.. to get it "free" :P

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited July 2014

If you are looking for a windows dedi, a license is inevitable unless you want to get one "free", which censored

• PwnerPwner Member

@ibab said:
    I have a server from Kimsufi already actually and I wasn't aware it was possible, other than the Hyper-V one that wont meet my requirements. Though, I don't have a Windows licence and can't really afford one.

@joodle said:

@msg7086 said:
    If you are looking for a windows dedi, a license is inevitable unless you want to get one "free", which

ReactOS anyone? I know it's limited, but for the price it's pretty damn good.

• ibabibab Member

@msg7086 said:
    If you are looking for a windows dedi, a license is inevitable unless you want to get one "free", which

Most providers often provide windows licence for monthly cost. That's what I'm basically looking for, but I need to find a server + licence for a low cost.

• @ibab talk to Hetzner, they are offering free setup this month

• LeeLee Veteran

I have only ever worked with Linux since RH 7.2, when was that back in 2000/1 anyway every time I see a thread like this I want to go out and get a windows server and see what I can do with it.

Never do it though :)