Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review of my 2 Boxes at Torqhost, 1Year+
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review of my 2 Boxes at Torqhost, 1Year+

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited July 2014 in Reviews

Hey,

Today i gonna write a review about Torqhost, about my 2 boxes there.

First Specs:

KVM Level 0

Memory; 256MB

HDD: 10GB

Traffic: 200GB

for 9.00 € Yearly (LEB Promo)

Second Specs:

OpenVZ Level 0

Memory/SWAP: 256MB/256MB

HDD: 20GB

Traffic: 500GB

for 7.50 € Yearly (LEB Promo)

Uptime First:

Second:

Some Benchmarks:

Second Benchmark:

Support:Friendly and fast, i get mostly responses within 5-40Minutes so yeah awesome.

Conclusion: I am happy with it and i will keep it, the OpenVZ vps is nearly 1 Year old the KVM box already 1Year and 4 Months+. Because of the Speed issue i just noticed that today because there is just a small mailserver running on it, so i didnt took notice. I drop a Ticket later and will update it here.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm also a big fan of these guys, aside from their lack of IPv6. I do notice the odd speed drop to around 1Mb/s at times, but it's relatively rare and the server is otherwise so stable I've never mentioned it to support.

This receives the Nekki seal of approval for being one of only 3 yearlies I've ever renewed.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Yeah, these guys are A+

I have an Xen there, never been down.

• Agreed, excellent & reliable service from TorqHost. Curious though how they've stopped communicating publicly...

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Great review. Might buy a box. :)

• bobbybobby Member

sleddog said: they've stopped communicating publicly

an example to follow for some of the "providers" on here.

but yeah, torqhost provide top notch services, no doubt.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Small Update, I still have booth of them, extended also the VPS which should expire this month. Because the Supports seems to be active, since everything has been moved to WaveCom they are working on fixing issues like the I/O issue my VPS/the Node had.
    But booth VPS's had some Downtime, it was more stable before.

OpenVZ HDD Bench: 68.9MB/s

OpenVZ Cachefly: 36.5MB/s

KVM HDD Bench: 179MB/s

KVM Cachefly: 4.11MB/s

OpenVZ Box:

KVM Box:

Sadly, since Torqhost moved to Wavecom, and we paid already VAT. Wavecom started to charge VAT ontop of the Price which already include VAT. But the Support is telling all kind of stories and seems to be pissed. And yes Torqhost was/is VAT Registered as my Invoice says. So.

• I had about 5 a 6 boxes with Torqhost.

When I got my first invoice of Wavecom it was billed with VAT but we are a company with valid VAT number so I asked to remove the VAT, Wavecom removed the VAT but doubled the price of the invoice. The invoice price with VAT was even cheaper then the invoice without VAT.

Now I have canceled all the vpses.

• Wavecom are acting like a complete assholes. They changed my box price from 6.25 EUR to 15 EUR, adding VAT and removing recurring discount I've had with TorqHost. And even didn't notified me on that, gladly I've noticed that myself.
    When I've asked support wtf? they just told me that my discount are gone, because it was 'promotional'. Bullshit.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I seem to be the only person who Wavecom haven't shat on. I've still got my €9/year Xen server, renewed it in Feb for the same price as under TorqHost.

• ben78ben78 Member

Had to pay extra VAT too...

The 9eur/y xen is a nice deal..

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

@Nekki said:
    I seem to be the only person who Wavecom haven't shat on.

its coming.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ehab said: its coming.

Not sure that it is, they had plenty of time to raise the price of my plan if they wanted to.

• Infinity580 said: Sadly, since Torqhost moved to Wavecom, and we paid already VAT. Wavecom started to charge VAT ontop of the Price which already include VAT. But the Support is telling all kind of stories and seems to be pissed. And yes Torqhost was/is VAT Registered as my Invoice says. So.

I went back and forth with them regarding this same issue (double VAT charging), but their support seems brain dead making all kind of excuses to justify it.

• MrXMrX Member

Spirit said: I went back and forth with them regarding this same issue (double VAT charging), but their support seems brain dead making all kind of excuses to justify it.

Although they're a pretty good host from a technical point of view, what they are doing when it comes to VAT is extremely questionable. It wouldn't surprise me if they are padding their pockets with the VAT they charge to clients that are out of scope for VAT. It's a nice way to make 20% extra on every sale.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Nekki said: I seem to be the only person who Wavecom haven't shat on. I've still got my €9/year Xen server, renewed it in Feb for the same price as under TorqHost.

Same here, renewed my €9 Xen recently.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

MrX said: they are padding their pockets with the VAT they charge to clients

So that's nothing new since Torqhost then. It was extremely fishy even back then, when they removed VAT from your invoices only if you specifically ask via a ticket (and many didn't), despite WHMCS being perfectly capable of automatically adding/removing VAT and all other providers using that.

Thanked by 1alexvolk

Its not correct, but you dont get this offer again you rather pay then let it expire or discuss and get terminated. Indirectly that's what the support told me.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Infinity580 said: Indirectly that's what the support told me.

Wavecom support is trash. I asked them my IPv6 information and they just rebooted my server saying it will autoconfig.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Ishaq said: Wavecom support is trash. I asked them my IPv6 information and they just rebooted my server saying it will autoconfig.

Fucking hell, that's appalling.

• Torqhost was good, Wavecom is utter trash. About the time I received my invoice and the only place I could access to supposedly pay it was Torqhost's panel that when I logged into had no invoices. Wavecom's panel wouldn't even work at the time. After that BS alone I just decided to cancel as it should how incredibly unprofessional they were. Then, after I canceled they then continued to try and invoice me for 3 months. I tried to e-mail them, never got a reply.

TL;DR: Torqhost went to shit when they allowed them selves to be bought out by Wavecom, I would no longer suggest their services to anyone.

Cheers!

• @Nekki said:
    Not sure that it is, they had plenty of time to raise the price of my plan if they wanted to.

@ehab said:
    its coming.

Sadly, I think @ehab is right. I had a 9€/yr 256MB/20GB OpenVZ VPS with Torqhost. I renewed it in February at the normal price. After seeing the comments in this thread I just checked the billing panel and noticed that Wavecom has changed the future invoice to €15/yr. :(

• NekkiNekki Veteran

goinsj2010 said: After seeing the comments in this thread I just checked the billing panel and noticed that Wavecom has changed the future invoice to €15/yr. :(

Still €9 for me. Guess they like me better than you?

Thanked by 1goinsj2010