Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bakcups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

bakcups

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited June 2012 in General

Anybody know a cheap place to make backups of my backups?

Comments

• bakcups....

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

SecureDragon, Hostigation (would say BuyVM but I'm not sure about stock) do backup VPSs.

Or you could just setup s computer at home to do that.

• on a phone :)

Ermm, I can't backup clients to a home connection. I have a server in my rack already backing up, but I should make backuups of those

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2012

I, myself found out that the best solution for me is to get a low-end dedi in a vlan with my servers at my DC and do backups on there. The cheapest solution I could get to. And I am copying the data from it to a low-end atom server once a week.

@Jack said: Those 2 words don't usually go together.

Not really.. Or I guess I am lucky. A couple of months ago, when they announced their DDoS filtered IPs, I got myself 2, withotu rushing.. Just saw the ad at leb, ordered one.. Thought I could use one more, ordered a second one, with no rush.. A week or so ago, ordered a third one without rushing at all.. Guess, I had luck :D
    check skype, btw

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Infinity said: SecureDragon, Hostigation

Yes.

Or look here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

LiveDrive is another option I've heard of (the pro version offers ftp/rsync) but I haven't tried it.

And finally, Amazon S3 or Microsoft Azure both have command-line tools. Inbound bandwidth is free, storage is 10-12 cents/GB. The S3 Linux tools are more robust.

LiveDrive sucks, or atleast did.. I got awful speeds when trying to uploading a couple of backups.. Less than 10GB.

• GaryGary Member

Livedrive is bollocks. FTP upload is throttled to 250KB/sec. Support is nonexistent. It's cheap if you have an old unlimited account and a lot of data though...

I use S3 for my backups. It's only a few GB, so I generally pay less than $0.50/month. Make sure your provider has the correct time set on the node, or S3 will spit an error at you.

• lumaluma Member

Kimsufi 2G, ~20$ USD for 1TB of backup space. Sure it is not raid but its a backup of a backup so no big deal.

• Bakecups

• CoreyCorey Member

We use adrive.com

• Grab a coupld Kimsufi's. If it's a backup of a backup, then the single drive configurations are probably more than enough.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

Google drive is cheaper than dropbox and offers more space. Also 5Gb free. Naturally you should encrypt to prevent Googles prying eyes.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

We may be offering 250 GB of space for $5 in limited quantities once our new servers come online.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM be sure to shout up if you do go ahead with that. Had amazing uptime with my 64mb VPS with you, so I'm sure your storage solutions would be just as reliable!

• @BlueVM said: We may be offering 250 GB of space for $5 in limited quantities once our new servers come online.

If you get that, send a PM my way.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@bijan588 if you dont need that much storage, their normal plans have a lot of storage for cheap price also.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@BlueVM said: We may be offering 250 GB of space for $5 in limited quantities once our new servers come online.

bandwidth?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

10 mbps unmetered or 2 TB on 100 mbps, usually depends on what the client wants.

• KairusKairus Member

@Jack said: 10mbps unmetered can use 3.3TB

Because it's a tradeoff...