Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS for TS3 server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS for TS3 server

MuZoMuZo Member

hello,

as written in the title I'm looking for a cheap VPS to host a TS3 server.

Requirements:

• located in Europe (almost all users are from Italy)
  • dedicated IPv4 (NPL license won't run on NATed service like LES)
  • basic DDoS protection, it's not really required but host should not terminate account if a DDoS occurs, we didn't had any for the last few months but they might happen.
  • specs not so important, 1vCPU / 128-256MB / 2GB / 500-1000GB should be fine (tought it can become CPU intensive sometimes)

I had a check on italian providers and seflow's cloud could be an option but they terminate account if a DDoS larger than 1GBPS (their free protection) occurs.
I saw prometeus now offers a DDoS protection (which is provider by seflow) but not sure about their policy.
A kimsufi is also not possible as the CPU isn't that great.

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

RamNode in NL has nice DDoS protection (10 gbps I think).

• trexostrexos Member

Why shouldn't work a NPL with NATed IPs? I ran it for a year.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2014

TS3 != DDOS, running a TS3 since 1Year+ on INIZ box no problems.

• MuZoMuZo Member

@perennate said: RamNode in NL has nice DDoS protection (10 gbps I think).

Will check ty

@trexos said: Why shouldn't work a NPL with NATed IPs? I ran it for a year.

Not sure, on NPL request page (which appears to be offline now) they require a dedicated IP and I suppose they won't provide if another user requested it for the same IP.

@Infinity580 said: TS3 != DDOS, running a TS3 since 1Year+ on INIZ box no problems.

We didn't had any problems in the last months but since it's for a gaming community I want to be sure I don't wake up and the VPS/account is terminated because of a DDoS.

• trexostrexos Member

@MuZo I see. I used a subdoamin for that ts.domain.tld so I can change the IP witouth loosing my domain. Works fine for about 2 years now.

• @MuZo said:
    We didn't had any problems in the last months but since it's for a gaming community I want to be sure I don't wake up and the VPS/account is terminated because of a DDoS.

You can run your NPL on every server/ip. I never had any trouble and I used multiple servers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well a few hundred people are doing it wrong then based on the amount of ts3_server processes I see on LES :p

Seems to be popular in NL and Italy because of the DDOS protection.

• RazzaRazza Member

Teamspeak run's ok on lowendspirit, the only problem when trying to use a non-profit license as you can only have one per ip

• MuZoMuZo Member

@AnthonySmith said: Well a few hundred people are doing it wrong then based on the amount of ts3_server processes I see on LES :p

I'm one of them as I run another TS3 server (with standard / free license not NPL) on LES-IT :P

@taronyu said: You can run your NPL on every server/ip. I never had any trouble and I used multiple servers.

Uhm I could apply using another "temp" vm and then move it to LES in Italy or i83 in France to be under OVH DDoS protection.

• trexostrexos Member

@MuZo said:
    Uhm I could apply using another "temp" vm and then move it to LES in Italy or i83 in France to be under OVH DDoS protection.

Or just use a subdomain instead of an ip :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Try https://www.firstheberg.com/virtual-private-server Im using it for ts3 the first one openvz 100mbs@ unlimited bw working great

Bench:

CPU model : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6320
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2800.282 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime : 15 days, 3:18,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 33.8MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.09MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 3.05MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.72MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.20MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 3.57MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.07MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 4.68MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.05MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.03MB/s
    I/O speed : 77.3 MB/s

For ddos protection I dont know,for that best choise is kimsufi

Thanked by 1cassa
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Well a few hundred people are doing it wrong then based on the amount of ts3_server processes I see on LES :p

You have DDoS protection in NL?

• tr1cky said: You have DDoS protection in NL?

i3D has DDoS protection by default i thought?

• @MuZo said:

Why? Are you having trouble? I moved my npl license from a 123system vps to a ramnode vps to a webtropia dedicated back to a ramnode vps.

@tr1cky said:

Not so much full blown DDOS protection but a very well put together ACL on the core, for example LES NL tanked a 40gbit DDOS today and I would not have even known if the DC did not inform me.

i3d are a huge hub for game servers so they manage their network quite intelligently.

• AnthonySmith said: i3d are a huge hub for game servers so they manage their network quite intelligently.

I agree with this, a company I worked before moved to SmartDC after being kicked out of their old DC because of DDoS's and never gave any troubles after that.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    i3d are a huge hub for game servers so they manage their network quite intelligently.

So you would suggest a Italy -> NL move for teamspeak servers?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2014

@AnthonySmith ok that would explain that:

But good to know, sorry then.

@tr1cky said:

Naa, Italy has actual DDOS protection :)

@Infinity580 said:
    AnthonySmith ok that would explain that:

But good to know.

Yeah considering how long it lasted that's pretty good.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited July 2014

@MuZo said:
    I had a check on italian providers and seflow's cloud could be an option but they terminate account if a DDoS larger than 1GBPS (their free protection) occurs.

hi,
    just a note, we not terminate account ir attack is other 1gbps, we just put in blackhole for 6 hours. In any case customers can buy paid protection up to 10ge

• I can vouch for Ramnode. My gaming community uses an OPENVZ vps in Atlanta through Ramnode and have no problems whatsoever.

• LexLex Member

@MuZo said:
    A kimsufi is also not possible as the CPU isn't that great.

I have a KS-1 old model (I got the Atom™ N2800 one) and I ran a ts server with 40+ active clients and the load was <0.3, I also run some other stuff on the server (LAMP).

So a Kimsufi is more than enough for a teamspeak server :)