Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

suggestions S4you OR Datashack?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

suggestions S4you OR Datashack?

RandyRandy Member
edited June 2012 in General

Server4you.com or Datashack.com? please share your reviews with me. datashack provides more IP which is what i need.

as i will be split them into small boxes. S4U prices are very low. Datashack.com are a little higher but its the IP that i need. but i can pay for those IPS if needed. just share with me your reviews.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

You can have a maxmimum of 4IPs at s4y.

I have used them before... I can not say I was impressed, but you get what you pay for. Datashack seem nice, for the price, never used them. Heard they have long delivery times, but they were acceptable.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

thanks for sharing your views, this will help me greatly. 4IP is too little but whats per ip price?

• If you want support go with datashack. I have used both of them, and datashack is by far the best.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

they say useable 5 IPS but IPV4/29? Dose it mean 29 Ips for 5? i am confused O_o

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited June 2012

i've read somewhere (probably here on LET or WHT) 4/5 euro per ip address per month.

/29 subnet = 5 usable IPs.

• RandyRandy Member

1us per ip. yeah their sales team sucks and is rude

• RandyRandy Member

if u want more details about the rudeness let me know

• JacobJacob Member

You will be lucky to get more then a /28 currently at DataShack, Especially if your a new client.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jacob said: You will be lucky to get more then a /28 currently at DataShack, Especially if your a new client.

Datashack doesn't have a whole lot of IP space last I saw. Unless they were mooching a lot off WSI?

Fran

• JacobJacob Member

@Francisco I scraped a /26 from them a few days ago for another node, They do not use WSIs space, I know the WSI boss and Dylan @ DS help each other out but Dylan said to me that WSI have there own to customer base to focus on.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

I usually tell DataShack when I need IPs either give me more or I'll split up my current subnets, they usually rush to make a decision on that one.

• JacobJacob Member

Me neither.

@liam said: I don't connect?

• JacobJacob Member
    edited June 2012

Back in January/February, I got a /26 without even doing the Justification forms. I usually get a /26 or 2 x /26 per node,

@liam said: It use to be very easy to get a /24 (sometimes /23) of them...

• JacobJacob Member

We allow upto 10 IP Addresses Per VPS.

@Jack said: /26 IP (61 usable) ay 122 IP's per node?

• y u no VolumeDrive.

• RandyRandy Member

ha. VD? they have lots of complaints .

• @Jacob said: We allow upto 10 IP Addresses Per VPS.

Congratulations, you are part of the shortage problem.

• JacobJacob Member

@GetKVM-Ash I never said without Justification and how I choose to operate is of my own concern.

Ford has Millions of IPs, Blame them.

• @Jacob said: @GetKVM-Ash I never said without Justification and how I choose to operate is of my own concern.

Ford has Millions of IPs, Blame them.

Ok.. give me an example of valid justification for ten IPs.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Ok.. give me an example of valid justification for ten IPs.

Running a VPN/proxy service with different IPs for every user

• personal.neuronhosting.com/status.html

I love how you all think ita shit cause some people don't have the patience to wait.

• CoreyCorey Member

@GetKVM_Ash we allow more than that ;)...

Someone can have cpanel installed with quite a few customers and there are websites they have that need SSL.

Much like @gsrdgrdghd said usually VPN/proxy users request ips for that reason and we have no problem giving them.

• RandyRandy Member

so how many of you support Datashack over S4You? :p i like datashack allows to upgrade specs

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I've got 3 servers with S4Y. 1 in Germany and 2 in the US. I have advised them to cancel the 2 in the US because the connectivity with Cogent where they are is poor. I don't think this is really their fault but it's enough to make me move elsewhere (especially in the US market which is so competitive).

The one in Germany is excellent - network performance and everything has been fine.

I haven't had a bad experience with their sales or support people at all, they've always been very fast to respond to any queries. They have a pretty good management console for doing reinstalls/reboots and everything else. If you want a dedicated system in Germany and don't need more than 4 IPs in total then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.