Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install cPanel VPS Optimazed on Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install cPanel VPS Optimazed on Dedicated Server

webcraftwebcraft Member

Hello,
I've a cPanel VPS Optimized license and I wonder if it'd be possible to use this for a cPanel Installation on a dedicated server, not a VPS. You know a way of doing so?

Thanks for your answers.

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

You could install OpenVZ on your dedicated server and allocate the resources to the VPS.

• As I said, not on a VPS...

• PwnerPwner Member

@webcraft

It's a VPS license, it has to be installed on a VPS. Even virtualizing one on your dedicated server and allocating all the resources to it is considered shady in some people's perspective.

@webcraft said:
    As I said, not on a VPS...

By installing OpenVZ you can create one large VPS and use the licence on that VPS you created on your dedicated server.

• @matthewvz said:
    By installing OpenVZ you can create one large VPS and use the licence on that VPS you created on your dedicated server.

I see what you're about, but I was asking for a way of doing it without such a virtualization.

@webcraft said:
    I see what you're about, but I was asking for a way of doing it without such a virtualization.

Purchase a dedicated server licence.

• @matthewvz said:
    Purchase a dedicated server licence.

Nevertheless, it doesn't really answer the question. I was asking for a theoretical way of doing so, not a practical. In praxis I use the license on a cloud-VPS. ;)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited July 2014

There are no other ways, as mentioned already you have 2 options available.

a) Buy a dedicated server license

b) Virtualise and create a large VM

• Ok.. anyway, these are practically ways, but it seems they're the only working ones. ;)