Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEED MYsql high usage and PHP Coder
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEED MYsql high usage and PHP Coder

i have script which causes very high load mysql connection and create lot of php connection and make the best server in high load. its create 1000s of apache cpanel connection while running and have lot of visitors.

Is there anyone around to resolve the issue regarding script and database? so it will work fine with little cpu usage and connections.

my host provider is great he helps me alot, no one can, but i want to fix it at script level too.

pm me
thanks

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Budget? Are you on shared, vps or dedicated hosting? How large is your database? What is your database "doing" that is causing the load?

• database not more than 200 MB. anyhow one is lower than 100 mb.
    but lot of connections in db and http it just not work and high cpu usage, i am on vps. but on ssd one with full core support and great services.

• It can be fixed at MySQL level, i can do it for you.

• just a suggestion, if you have database that big hdds will start to cripple if you make many simultaneous queries. get a stable shared hosting, and a reliable pure ssd vps just to offload mysql onto it

• 200MB database , some people they load it into RAM not sure how , but if loaded can be faster

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • aoleeaolee Member

cache it!!!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • edanedan Member

How much is your site online visitors? track it using Google Analytics etc.

• nerouxneroux Member

As @viCommunication already pointed out, whats your budget?

Also, can you explain a bit more? Is it just one script, why so many connections and of what type?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

As said before, cache it or load it in ram. Other than that, the only thing i can think of is a db with many small records and bad indexing. You should be caching both the db in ram as well as the query results if they are not very different each query.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Maounique said: ther than that, the only thing i can think of is a db with many small records and bad indexing.

db can also be badly designed, and code poorly written.

• ztecztec Member
    edited July 2014

@jcaleb said:

Probably this. But I bet with caching you can pretty far. Resources are cheap these days, so in case that doesn't work you can just smack a little money towards it.

• nerouxneroux Member

ztec said: Resources are cheap these days

Availability of resources are never an excuse for poor design or code :)

Thanked by 1fisle
  • @Dilstar said:
    i have script which causes very high load mysql connection and create lot of php connection and make the best server in high load. its create 1000s of apache cpanel connection while running and have lot of visitors.

Is there anyone around to resolve the issue regarding script and database? so it will work fine with little cpu usage and connections.

my host provider is great he helps me alot, no one can, but i want to fix it at script level too.

pm me
    thanks

what type of a script is it? the level of php coding can significantly affect the resource usage by the script..

• it is ptc script. using over 4000 connection with db and php and all other

• nerouxneroux Member

PTC? Budget? 4000 database connections? All other?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

One of my techies talked to him personally and he was quoted $65 for 3 hours of work to optimize the scripts & his SQL database. Invoice written up and all, and then he stopped replying.

Wasting my staff members time, sigh.

• vedranvedran Veteran

viCommunications said: and then he stopped replying

Who?

• nerouxneroux Member

@vedran said:
    Who?

The OP I presume.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

vedran said: Who?

I contacted the OP that one of my TMs (L3 techie) could help him out as he wasn't busy. He added my techie on Skype and the issue was addressed - the fix(s) explained, and the invoice written up, he advised my techie that he would pay tomorrow, lolno.

They talked some more and he stopped replying.

NoFreeWork4You.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • vedranvedran Veteran

Oh, I read that as your tech hired someone for custom work and they disappeared.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Maybe OP is on a different timezone and slept?

• DilstarDilstar Member
    edited July 2014

yes i stopped to reply because tech was saying to change the provider and hosting, even the control panel, and asking the amount first, so that is not suitable for me currently to change hosting company, provider, control panel etc... i am sure that he must be saying right as per his experiance, but its not suitable for me currently, i just want someone to reduce the load and takes money after his perfect job. i am extreamly in the need of the one who can rewrite and resolve that problem of script with mysql and php :s

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Dilstar said: i am extreamly in the need of the one who can rewrite and resolve that problem of script with mysql and php

You are aware a coder will charge you upwords of $50/hr?

As per se; you were suggested to switch to a dedicated server - which is cheaper & would suit your needed environment better.

• nerouxneroux Member

@neroux said:
    PTC? Budget? 4000 database connections? All other?

• yes 4000 connections :s actually in one table everything in it :s

• nerouxneroux Member

What type of connections? Concurrent? PTC? And for the nth time budget?

• ztecztec Member

$65,- for 3 hours of work. Lol. Maybe hire a toddler.

• ztecztec Member

@neroux said:
    Availability of resources are never an excuse for poor design or code :)

Of course, but often the cheapest solution is chosen.