Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Several No-IP domains seized by Microsoft via court order - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Several No-IP domains seized by Microsoft via court order

124»

Comments

• emgemg Veteran

Follow-up: My spam counts are trending upward quickly. They haven't reached pre-NO-IP levels yet, but it won't take long before they do.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

As I said, noip has no link to that. If you accept email from no PTR domains, it is very likely you can get it from no domain IPs too.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited July 2014

@emg said:
    Follow-up: My spam counts are trending upward quickly. They haven't reached pre-NO-IP levels yet, but it won't take long before they do.

Block senders (even if just to test) with envelopes (from, sender, reply-to) containing hotmail.com or outlook.com and then watch & marvel at how quickly the SPAM trends back down.

• emgemg Veteran

@geekalot said:
    Block senders (even if just to test) with envelopes (from, sender, reply-to) containing hotmail.com or outlook.com and then watch & marvel at how quickly the SPAM trends back down.

Good point. In addition to hotmail.com and outlook.com, I would add aol.com and especially yahoo.com, plus any Yahoo-administered email domains (att.net, sbcglobal.net, etc.). Unfortunately, I receive a considerable amount of legitimate email from those domains, too.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited July 2014

@emg said:

Believe me I know & appreciate the challenge: I have been self hosting my email for many years. It is important not to blanket "whitelist" these domains; it is better to put them in a "senderbase" and whitelist specific addresses you expect mail from.

An excellent spamfilter for email (if you self-host) is ASSP.

Cheers

EDIT: Recently, I even had to remove amazon.com from whitelist and put it in senderbase due to SPAM.

• Maounique said: rare group AB+ which badly needed blood

well, those dumbasses spammers. I'm AB+ and can accept blood from ANY blood type.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    well, those dumbasses spammers. I'm AB+ and can accept blood from ANY blood type.

Yes, but most people dont know and AB+ seems scarier than 0, it must be a rare type.

Thanked by 2netomx GIANT_CRAB