Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap colo research
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap colo research

Hello, sorry to ask this, but I am searching for dirty cheap colo. I know that VD offers colo starting at $20 and I wonder if you know other companies with the price range between 20-25 dollars for 1U blade ?

Comments

• Just put your server in a trashcan and save time. You'll end up with the same with dirt cheap colos.

• shrubblesshrubbles Member
    edited June 2014

If you don't want to contribute do something else rather than posting "trash". I just want to learn, not sell VPSs to kids like you.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • BradBrad Member

@shrubbles said:
    If you don't want to contribute do something else rather than posting "trash". I just want to learn, not sell VPSs to kids like you.

You watch that "dirty" mouth of yours.

• @shrubbles said:

You made me feel young again!

• The closest I would say would have been Dacentec a year or so back. $30 for a 1U, but I think they got rid of that pricing/1 amp plans.

Thanked by 1shrubbles
  • thanks @elflord

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I can do it PM me.

Thanked by 1shrubbles
  • earlearl Member

Not sure if the offer is still valid.. but GoRack has a $25.50 1U Special

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1277401

Thanked by 1shrubbles
  • Thanks @earl

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Jack said:
    It's not valid, I couldn't find anything lower than $49/mo when I looked a few months back minus Volumedrive of course.

Oh.. that's too bad, It's a good deal for sure.

Do you know how much they charge to colo a 1U now?

• earlearl Member

@Jack said:

Yeah seems to be the going rate.. even with VD the package deal only includes 1 amp so depending an your setup you probably need to get more and it's an extra $15/amp

• FDC Servers offers a colo for $39 in CZ. Does anyone have any experience with them?

• @Jack said:
    image Ship them a board, CPU, ram and a HDD forget the chassis they provide them free of charge.

That's brilliant, haha

• Jack said: Ship them a board, CPU, ram and a HDD forget the chassis they provide them free of charge.

You can't knock it if it works. Ha

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2014

Jack said: Just blows up and sets on fire instead...

Depending how hot it runs being in a cardboard box might not be an issue at all. The Box also looks glossed which adds some fire retardant properties to it.

• cardboardbox.com XD

• earlearl Member

Found another one.. I think I would much rather rent a server with VD or get a kimsufi but putting here anyways..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1359485