Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Traffic Exchange Websites
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about Traffic Exchange Websites

BellaBella Member
edited June 2014 in General

I don't do any of this myself but I was curious as to why some hosts do not allow running scripts that exchange traffic on sites like http://hitleap.com/ or other Traffic Exchange sites. I saw it disallowed in some TOS's.

They don't use much bandwidth, or CPU/ram, so whats the problem?

Comments

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited June 2014

hitleap are quite resource friendly, i believe. because it just open web page (maybe sometimes open youtube video). i have had, using VPS to run hitleap client somtimes ago, and it never create any problem.

where did you saw, the tos of disallow hitleap?

• BellaBella Member

@sirmbhe said:
    hitleap are quite resource friendly, i believe. because it just open web page (maybe sometimes open youtube video). i have had, using VPS to run hitleap client somtimes ago, and it never create any problem.

where did you saw, the tos of disallow hitleap?

HostGator does not allow it on their VPS's.

• wychwych Member

Less intensive than jingling but most providers don't allow it.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

From providers point of view it is nightmare.

It creates lots of swap, after few days of uptime hiteap will consume almost all CPU allocated to VM. On high deployments disk will suffer heavy.

Recommendation is to use dual e5s and 6 or 8 drives raid 10 array to sustain disk/cpu load. Unfortunately that does come with price. Latest generation E3s have limit of 32 gb ram for windows deployments that raises price of single vm. On cloud instances Hitleap/jingling are killing disk arrays with unbelievable amount of random writes.

Conclusion: sustainable at the price.

We have created custom hitleap plans with trial windows on our byteshack platform.
    Plans are starting from 5 usd for 256 mb instance deliverable in blocks of 20 vms.

• @drserver said:
    From providers point of view it is nightmare.

It creates lots of swap, after few days of uptime hiteap will consume almost all CPU allocated to VM. On high deployments disk will suffer heavy.

Recommendation is to use dual e5s and 6 or 8 drives raid 10 array to sustain disk/cpu load. Unfortunately that does come with price. Latest generation E3s have limit of 32 gb ram for windows deployments that raises price of single vm. On cloud instances Hitleap/jingling are killing disk arrays with unbelievable amount of random writes.

Conclusion: sustainable at the price.

We have created custom hitleap plans with trial windows on our byteshack platform.
    Plans are starting from 5 usd for 256 mb instance deliverable in blocks of 20 vms.

Nice :)

Thanked by 1drserver