Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Service suspension at Virtora
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Service suspension at Virtora

I had 2 VPS services with DotVPS. After they got taken over by Virtora, I thought OK, let's see how this goes.

I didn't have to wait for long. My paypal account sent the monthly automatic payment for my services as I wasn't told this needs to change. Then Virtora sends me an email saying that my invoice is overdue.

I opened a ticket with them for this problem and someone replied that they will make sure billing department looks at it on the same day.

One day later, no reply so I asked for an update stating that I don't want a service interruption.

To my surprise, within minutes of sending that message, I receive an email saying my services are suspended.

So basically they took my money AND suspended my service.

Awesome support guys, for someone who claims they have 24/7 support.

Thanked by 1eiYeK8dozai6KahyB

Comments

• @neel, may I know your ticket id please?

• neelneel Member

• @neel said:

The invoices don't look to be marked as paid. I've replied your ticket.

• neelneel Member

@serverian said:
    The invoices don't look to be marked as paid. I've replied your ticket.

And that is the problem. That's why I opened the ticket.

• neelneel Member

@serverian got it fixed extremely quickly after I posted here.

Thanks mate!

• @neel said:
    serverian got it fixed extremely quickly after I posted here.

Thanks mate!

It would have been quicker, however, the ticket was escalated to the billing manager as I explained on the ticket. And therefore, there was a delay happened. Again terrible sorry.

Thanked by 1neel
  • As bad as it is to see something like this happen from a provider, there is always worse: They can fail to fix it and/or pretend it didn't happen.

Good on the provider for fixing it, but the fact that this ever happened is a big fail.

The reality is that if this user had not posted this here, the ticket would have probably had sat there for a week before being looked at, and they would have just taken his money and ran with it.

That's why this forum here on LET is awesome. We users with little power over the providers need some way to occasionally embarrass them into doing the right thing.

• @eiYeK8dozai6KahyB said:
    As bad as it is to see something like this happen from a provider, there is always worse: They can fail to fix it and/or pretend it didn't happen.

Good on the provider for fixing it, but the fact that this ever happened is a big fail.

The reality is that if this user had not posted this here, the ticket would have probably had sat there for a week before being looked at, and they would have just taken his money and ran with it.

That's why this forum here on LET is awesome. We users with little power over the providers need some way to occasionally embarrass them into doing the right thing.

Why would it sit there for a week? Do you have any services from us with a ticket sit there more than 24 hours? Note that this was a billing issue. Not a technical issue. And it was escalated to billing. And billing is not 24/7.

Do not talk without knowing the truths please.