Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giveaway: BuyVM 128MB VPS * 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Giveaway: BuyVM 128MB VPS * 2

BK_BK_ Member
edited June 2014 in General

Hey LETers,

I've got two idle BuyVM 128MB's up for grabs...

New Jersey - OpenVZ - NJ BuyVM-128MB Expires 08/28/2014

Las Vegas - OpenVZ - LV BuyVM-128MB Expires 10/17/2014

How do I win one? Simple! Reply to this post with only one sentence stating why you need one of these VPS' (along with your preferred location). I'll add your name to a list (if you've got a good enough reason) and use random.org to choose the winners.

Important: BuyVM's "4,2) Service Transfer" terms apply. Click here to read them.

The main items that apply to the receiving account are as follows:

4,2,1,7) The account receiving the transfer must be Active with at least three months of continuous service history.

4,2,1,8) The account receiving the transfer must not have any unpaid or overdue invoices.

4,2,1,9) The account receiving the transfer must not have any TOS/AUP Violations on record.
Please verify that you meet the above criteria BEFORE posting.

Remember, the renewal cost is $15.00 annually.

I'll pick two people on Friday, June 27th (each winner will snag one of the two VPS'). Good luck!

Thanked by 1upfreak

Comments

• I need this to learn Linux and server setup.
    BTW, I don't have account on BuyVM, will have to create one:-p

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited June 2014

@TheKiller said:
    I need this to learn Linux and server setup.
    BTW, I don't have account on BuyVM, will have to create one:-p

4.2.1.7) The account receiving the transfer must be Active with at least three months of continuous service history.

I think a new created account could not receive VPS.

• BK_BK_ Member

As @yywudi said, BuyVM's TOS states: 4,2,1,7) The account receiving the transfer must be Active with at least three months of continuous service history. Sorry, @TheKiller.

• Pony Power. LV

• BK_BK_ Member

@mikeyur Seems like a decent reason ;) anyone else?

• CoreyCorey Member

said: Hey LETers,

I've got two idle BuyVM 128MB's up for grabs...

New Jersey - OpenVZ - NJ BuyVM-128MB Expires 08/28/2014

Las Vegas - OpenVZ - LV BuyVM-128MB Expires 10/17/2014

How do I win one? Simple! Reply to this post with only one sentence stating why you need one of these VPS' (along with your preferred location). I'll add your name to a list (if you've got a good enough reason) and use random.org to choose the winners.

Important: BuyVM's "4,2) Service Transfer" terms apply. Click here to read them.

The main items that apply to the receiving account are as follows:

4,2,1,7) The account receiving the transfer must be Active with at least three months of continuous service history.
    4,2,1,8) The account receiving the transfer must not have any unpaid or overdue invoices.
    4,2,1,9) The account receiving the transfer must not have any TOS/AUP Violations on record.
    Please verify that you meet the above criteria BEFORE posting.

Remember, the renewal cost is $15.00 annually.

I'll pick two people on Friday, June 27th (each winner will snag one of the two VPS'). Good luck!

Most likely, if someone has had 3 months of service history they don't really have a 'good reason' for wanting it because their current one is still active.

• Cluster cluster cluster!?! :P

• BK_BK_ Member

eddynetweb said: Cluster cluster cluster!?! :P

Works for me! Added to the list.

Corey said: Most likely, if someone has had 3 months of service history they don't really have a 'good reason' for wanting it because their current one is still active.

I don't disagree with this. An example of someone needing one of these that already has a VPS with BuyVM is someone who only has one production server and no sandbox/testing server. I've got absolutely no use for these at the moment, so there's no reason for me to hang onto them when someone may have a reason to use them. I'd love to give these to someone who wants to learn (like @TheKiller) but BuyVM's terms don't allow new customers to attain transfers.

• In all truth, take me off the list. I don't have an account with BuyVM.

• TWoTWo Member

I'll need the NJ one, because of less latency to my location as to the one I have with their other location.

• J1021J1021 Member

I could use the LV VM for sandbox/testing purposes, already have a VM used for production purposes in NJ.

• BK_BK_ Member

TWo said: I'll need the NJ one, because of less latency to my location as to the one I have with their other location.

1e10 said: I could use the LV VM for sandbox/testing purposes, already have a VM used for production purposes in NJ.

As the only two people who actually posted a valid reason, they're yours!

PM me your BuyVM email address and I'll submit a ticket to start the transfer.

Thanked by 1TWo
This discussion has been closed.