Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Permission Denied Logged in as ROOT?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Permission Denied Logged in as ROOT?

edited June 2012 in General

Im logged in ROOT using SFTP.

I ran this command to try to find any dirty files..

find / -size +50000k -exec du -hs {} \; (Thanks to PHXADAM @ IPXCORE.COM for function)

And I found some dirties in here:

/proc/vz/vzaquota/000000d8

2 Files named aquota.group and aquota.user, both over 135MB's in size.

My question is for you Smartys, how do I delete these when they say permission denied? Also, How can I disable logging of such quota?

Thank you

Comments

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

You can't delete vzquota's (unless you disable it on the node, but then it does not calculate your usage).

I hate them too, I really despise them.

Thanked by 1SpeakWhatsReal
  • edited June 2012

Oh okay, well they are not going to shut it off just for me! lol ;) Okay, well Thanks Daniel I still got other filesizes somewhere lurking in FTP i need to find, Somehow I am at 700MB when my forum software is only 4MB in size (including images)..... - the 300MB from quota, I still need to find the other 350MB somewhere hehe.

thanks for the quick response

• What OpenVZ version are you on? "uname -a"

VZQuota's in the .32 kernel's can really mess up.

• edited June 2012

Linux speakwhatsreal 2.6.32-274.7.1.el5.028stab095.1 #1 SMP Mon Oct 24 20:49:24 MSD 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

32 cent os -_-, I tried debian on 64bit a couple months ago before releasing my site, but couldn't get APC to work with PHP. (Probably faults by me as I am a linux noobie) but I got it work on cent OS, and I know cent os is not the "best" but for me, my site runs extremely good with any linux OS as compared to windows though.. so I don't really care atm.

I pm'd the thread to some IPXCore representatives to see what's up. Do you recommend them disabling the quota then?

(I probably have no idea what I am talking about, but bare with me please)

edited June 2012

@SpeakWhatsReal said: I pm'd the thread to some IPXCore representatives to see what's up. Do you recommend them disabling the quota then?

No. Disabling it breaks all sorts's of software. Just live with the files I guess, use du to work out whats using your space.

Weirdly, the /proc/vz/vzaquota should be appearing as basically 0 in size. I dont even think OpenVZ allows you to even access them.

• edited June 2012

After a representative saw this thread, I just got my Disk Space upgraded.. I guess it's not a big deal.. I just love logging into SOLUS VM and see all TINY green numbers. I Just always got confused as why my disk space was so much when my site is only 6mb big! I guess I know now!

Thanks Daniel for the help, love the quick responses :P I can live with those damn quotas, I just hope they don't get any bigger -.-

edited June 2012

@SpeakWhatsReal said: Thanks Daniel for the help, love the quick responses :P I can live with those damn quotas, I just hope they don't get any bigger -.-

Weird thing is, it shouldn't be counting them in the first place. At least thats what happens on all my OpenVZ servers.