Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

OneShallPass | Strong ass passwords for anyone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneShallPass | Strong ass passwords for anyone

Since we've recently started jumping on KeyBase I figured I'd also point out this nice site:

https://oneshallpass.com/

I particularly love using the ridiculous settings:

• Generations: 20
  • Hashes: 2^16
  • Symbols: 3
  • Length: 16
  • Legacy: off

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

" In contrast to other password services, 1SP does not save your passwords or universal passphrase anywhere."

Neither does Lastpass. It just passes encrypted blobs and if you can enter the correct passphrase in your local browser extension, you can use them. I'm simplifying but there is no big database table in the sky with everyone's passwords. LP doesn't know either your universal passphrase or any individual password.

Now that I think about it, PasswordSafe and other password managers I've seen don't "save" your universal passphrase either...there's no config file where you'd find it. You enter your prhase and they try to unlock your safe. If they can't, you're out of luck.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ Dylan