Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to McMyHost?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to McMyHost?

http://mcmyhost.net/

Says account unavailable, are they gone?

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member

RUN! RUN! EVERYBODY RUN! THERE'S A LOWEND HACKER ON THE LOOSE. First GVH, now MCMyHost! Who will be next? Hide yo databases, hide yo servers! No host is safe!

Jokes aside, I don't really know what's happening with MCM.

Thanked by 1Scion
  • LeeLee Veteran

Urban was hacked too

• LeeLee Veteran

Urpad even, on phone

• W1V_Lee said: Urban was hacked too

Crab people I am telling you they have started their plans for world domination!!!!!!

Thanked by 1c0y
  • Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited June 2014

I have canceled my account and all services there recently. Their network in Chicago has been having issues since the 6th (control panel also unreachable) and no one was doing anything about it. I made a ticket and never got a response despite waiting over 2 weeks. I have since assumed that they have deadpooled.

If their website comes back online, I would highly recommend staying away from these guys. Their service used to be good a few months ago, but that does not appear to be the case anymore. Luckily for me, I did not lose much money since they were allowing me to pay $1 monthly I continued this for about the past 6 months. Pretty sweet ride for the time.

Edit: Also sent a PM to @mcmyhost over 2 weeks ago and never got a response.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2014

I have (had) one of these @WellGrounded

I've concluded that there's a handful of useful hosts advertised here and the rest are more hassle than their discounted price. It's perhaps worth paying a few dollars more for more reputable hosts and anything else should simply be monthly payments if you want to risk it.

For my purposes I'll be mixing up my server buying with some shared hosting. I have some PHP to automate cpanel commands that's handy for setting up new domains, although having root access & installing custom stuff is always a nice thing to have.

• @ricardo Good to know thanks!

• irmirm Member
    edited July 2014

@mcmyhost is/was ran by a 12 year old and I guess his allowance this month didn't cover server costs.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/421525/#Comment_421525

• NekkiNekki Veteran

irm said: @mcmyhost is/was ran by a 12 year old and I guess his allowance this month didn't cover server costs.

Exceptionally helpful comment, thanks!

Thanked by 1trewq