Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for setting up BGP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for setting up BGP

I require VPS's across multiple locations(no preferences) to setup my own BGP. I am fine with a 512 MB VPS with 20 GB space. Could you please let me know the providers along with the server locations who offer these services? Also is there any additional price for BGP or is that provided at the standard price?

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Anynode do this.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2014

Hi there;

30GB Disk Space
    512MB Dedicated Ram
    768MB Burstable / 2vCores
    100Mbps connection 1 IPv4
    Unlimited bandwidth

£5 / mo
    Order now

• @MSPNick said:
    Hi there;

30GB Disk Space

512MB Dedicated Ram

768MB Burstable / 2vCores

100Mbps connection 1 IPv4

Unlimited bandwidth

£5 / mo
    Order now

Does is supprts BGP and is there any additional cost involved? What's the server location and which locations can you provide?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited June 2014

Hi,

thanks - we will be looking into this for you as well make sure we're OK.

• doubt this MSP clown can actually get you a BGP sesh

Thanked by 2Gunter Makenai
  • If I remember correctly ExpertVM in SG does offer that, contact them directly if you are interested.

• rds100rds100 Member

We did offer it in the past, we no longer offer BGP sessions on a VPS. We can do it for a dedi, though.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We offer managed anycast BGP gateways in Los Angeles, New York and Amsterdam. It should work with any VPS provider. It's also possible to add dedicated DDoS protection

@gbshouse said:
    We offer managed anycast BGP gateways in Los Angeles, New York and Amsterdam. It should work with any VPS provider. It's also possible to add dedicated DDoS protection

Is this just setup with a GRE tunnel? Can you announce IPs from your AS?

@trewq - yes communication between servers behind and our gateways is done using GRE. We assign IPs from our own space

• r0t3nr0t3n Member

I'm in the process of bringing up anycast gateway solutions using SoftLayers infrastructure very soon, can offer bgp/gre solutions, plan on offering an API for self-management and the ability to use your own ips too. Will start with 5 locations: Singapore, San Jose, Dallas, Washington DC and Amsterdam, with possible expansion to Hong Kong/China and London if there is enough demand.

@gbshouse said:
    trewq - yes communication between servers behind and our gateways is done using GRE. We assign IPs from our own space

Thanks, I'll contact you via your site.

• Thank you everyone. Contacted a couple of providers and waiting for a responses from few.

• Any more providers?

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited June 2014

Try this. 7 locations for VPS available for rather moderate price.

• @Profforg said:
    Try this. 7 locations for VPS available for rather moderate price.

Thanks, have contacted them.

• We can offer 'official' (ie: downstream AS) Internet BGP from a VPS in Sydney, Australia.
    Without needing tunnels or other such layers. Can even deal with a "Class C" announcement if you own one and such and you can do with the traffic as you want on your VPS (eg: tunnel it out again).
    Contact us (http://netpr.es/contactus) for more info, details and links to these products on our website.

• AFAIR gridlane.com in sweden (portlane) offered that.
    KVM VPS with some ability to set up BGP and private network/routing between your VPSes starting at 10€/month. I think they also announce other peoples IP ranges. But right now they are relaunching their website, so you might have to contact them via mail.

@netpres1 - how much do you charge for BGP?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

I know hostvirtual.com offers this in there locations

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • We can offer you this in India.

• @cloudbells said:
    We can offer you this in India.

Don't dig up months old threads to make offers, please.