Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will be the futures of IDC industry?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What will be the futures of IDC industry?

NanNanNanNan Member
edited June 2014 in General

May the famous brands like Amazon, Windows Azure, etc will instead of all personal and little company providers? What do you think?

Comments

• @NanNan said:
    May the famous brands like Amazon, Windows Azure will instead of all personal and little company providers? What do you think?

Nope. Have you actually calculated what a VPS from any of these providers would cost given the same specifications as what people offer here? They cost a lot more for the same performance and specifications.

• the low prices would kill small hosting companies, the medium pricing customers eventually would move to high end companies. future is not so good for small and sme companies.

Thanked by 1NanNan
  • The impulse of cheap people will live on!

Thanked by 2netomx NanNan
  • GoodHosting said: They cost a lot more for the same performance and specifications.

Is uptime guarantee and reliability totaled in those calculations? I see that companies pay for the support, uptime, reliability, stability, and security - not the performance.

Amazon's AWS is compliant with dozens of standards. Amazon can host government sites, financial information, and health care records. I know of no LowEnd provider who has these certifications.

Amazon has the network, the hardware, and the experience to maintain reliability of its services. For example, I understand that Amazon's Route53 will credit 30 services days worth for uptime less than 99.9%. Amazon's S3 can handle whole data center losses. I don't know of a provider here who can take the loss of their datacenter.

There is a place in the market for smaller providers - as there is a place for the expensive providers.

Thanked by 1NanNan