Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What virtualisation solution for a dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What virtualisation solution for a dedicated

tsantentsanten Member
edited June 2012 in General

I have a 4 ip dual core 8gb ram 320 gb raid 1 software server with 64 bit centos debian minimal template to virtualize
I need a vps for hosting sites and the rest to play with.

Update
Virtualisation to manage with a control panel like proxmox ( i know proxmox work with raid software but my debian template doesn't have lvm)

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member

CentOS = OpenVZ hehe
    But whatever you like more.

• I prefer debian and i find openvz web panel for openvz someone know how its work?

• klikliklikli Member
    edited June 2012

OpenVZ might easier to manage (you can just vzctl enter to manage your containers) and very few performance loss when compared to other virtualization solutions.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@tsanten said: I have a 4 ip dual core 8gb ram 320 gb raid 1 software server with 64 bit centos debian minimal template to virtualize

So what do you really have? This is a long string of garbage, that does not make sense.

• A server to virtualize im new to this stuff and asking how others with experience will do this

• tmn29atmn29a Member

I think the easiest setup is to install KVM and manage it with virtual-manager. This way you have totally independent machines and a nice and easy GUI to work with.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

Get a vps elsewhere to host your sites. You're going to demolish this system at some point, as you should, learning is messy. Unless, of course, the websites aren't that important to you. In that case, have at it :)

• Im exactly like that , for now to play on virtualisation after that 1 vps to host and other to test configuration only php mysql web server etc

• beardbeard Member

Proxmox FTW

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • apt-get/yum install openvz linux-image-openvz vztools

Reboot, vzctl --help

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • ZeroZero Member

If you want a web control panel for OpenVZ you can try http://code.google.com/p/ovz-web-panel/ works on CentOS and Debian.

• Personally I like virt-manager + KVM + SSH x forwarding.