Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Console emulator
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Console emulator

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Anyone tried cmder?

Cmder is a software package created out of pure frustration over the absence of nice console emulators on Windows. It is based on amazing software, and spiced up with the Monokai color scheme and a custom prompt layout. Looking sexy from the start.

http://bliker.github.io/cmder/

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Hm, does it intergrate with that linux terminal emulator (forgot it's name - cgywin?).

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

Cygwin :)

Don't think so, according to the website this is what creates the magic:

Console emulator ~ Conemu
    Cmd.exe enhancements ~ clink
    Unix tools on windows ~ msysgit

It is possible that one of those use cygwin.

I asked if it was something worth putting time into and learn.
    A guy I went to school with uses it and I wanted a second or perhaps third opinion.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Disappoint, I hopes this was about a SNES emulator or something.

It occurs to me I've possibly been posting on the wrong forum for a few years.

Thanked by 3netomx 0xdragon Mark_R
  • I just use Xubuntu in VMWare Player in Unity Mode, it lets linux programs run like its natively running on windows.

@Nekki said:
    It occurs to me I've possibly been posting on the wrong forum for a few years.

I've always asked the same question regarding your posts.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:
    I've always asked the same question regarding your posts.

I don't think you've mentioned that here before, did you post that question on the wrong forum?

Thanked by 1netomx

@Nekki said:

I'm shy and never had the guts to ask you. :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:
    I'm shy and never had the guts to ask you. :)

We'll I'm glad that you did, because quite frankly it's led me to question everything. I've just found out there are forums for like everything including things I actually like! Some serious thinking to do here.

• n0myn0my Member

This is command prompt emulator right?

@n0my said:
    This is command prompt emulator right?

Adding lots of functions and *nix style commands.
    Also portable so you can start it from a usb drive

@Nekki said:
    We'll I'm glad that you did, because quite frankly it's led me to question everything. I've just found out there are forums for like everything including things I actually like! Some serious thinking to do here.

If you cant find the forum, ask for it on reddit or 4chan and you will get suggestions, good and bad.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:
    If you cant find the forum, ask for it on reddit or 4chan and you will get suggestions, good and bad.

Funny story, I once went on 4chan at work, IT Security called my boss about 30 seconds later, 5 minutes later I was in a disciplinary meeting.

Thanked by 1Mark_R

@Nekki said:
    Funny story, I once went on 4chan at work, IT Security called my boss about 30 seconds later, 5 minutes later I was in a disciplinary meeting.

Why am I not surprised?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikHo said:
    Why am I not surprised?

You shouldn't be, I'm famous for having more final warnings than any other employee. The trick is to leave it long enough between then that the old ones are removed from your file.