Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Servers with GPU (3930k / 4930k CPU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Servers with GPU (3930k / 4930k CPU)

Hey,
I am looking for around 7-10 dedicated Server to run my Bots for a game. I think the cheaptest CPUs for this are the 3930k / 4930k which allows me to run 30 VMs on one machine stable. On top I need 64gb RAM and at least 240GB SSD space.

An important point is that I need a GPU (my own or a GPU offered by the hoster) in my Server, so i can run my bots.

The chepeast i've found was 99Euro (without Windows OS (+20Euro/month) and without Graphics Card (+15 Euro/Month)). Can anybody tell me cheaper hosters ? Would be great when I could use my own Windows License!

Comments

• Good luck finding a host that will be willing to run 'bots' that are most likely against a games ToS

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Those are VERY expensive CPUs so even if you found a host that had it in desktop or 4U case with good enough power supply to run your GPU it would not be cheap.

Your best option if you are in it (whatever it is) for the long run would be to build the box and colocate it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You cant pass 1 graphics card to multiple VM's so you would only be able to run 1 bot per physical server if the game/bot required a dedicated GPU.

• I already found more than 4 Hosters offering those Kind of Servers (Desktop CPU + GPU) and all of them know what I am using these Servers for.

And Anthony ofcourse I can do it - with VMWare. I am already owning 8 Servers with i7 3930k / 4930k or Dual Xeons with one graphics card and it is running perfect. But the bottleneck in those Servers is always the CPU. I have doubts whether I am in the right board here to ask about it..

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ah ok, I stand corrected, when I last worked on ESX only single passthrough was supported, just grabbed the latest revision documents and found:

vSGA – Virtual Shared Graphics Acceleration
    To provide hardware-accelerated 3D graphics, vSGA allows multiple virtual machines to leverage physical GPUs 
    installed locally in the ESXi hosts. This differs from Soft 3D in that there are physical GPUs installed in the host 
    server. These GPUs are shared across multiple virtual machines, unlike vDGA, where each virtual machine is 
    directly mapped to a single GPU. 
    The maximum amount of video memory that can be assigned per virtual machine is 512

Quite impressive actually, happy to be wrong.

I suppose contacting a company that is happy to think outside the box a little like openitc.co.uk would be the best thing to do, not sure of any others.

Ant.