Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PieLayer – 5 offers starting at $14/year in three US locations, the UK, and Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PieLayer – 5 offers starting at $14/year in three US locations, the UK, and Germany

harispharisp Member

Hello LET,

My name is Haris, from PieLayer, and I have several offers for LowEndTalk readers.

About us:

PieLayer has been around since 2010, but only opened its doors in 2012. We use modern hardware with an Intel Xeon E3, E5 CPU, 64-128GB of RAM, and SSDs in RAID 10 for both speed and redundancy. We have services available in various locations, including Germany and the UK. Everything in San Diego is pure SSD as well as in Dallas, TX.

June offers:

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

OpenVZ 256MB

256MB RAM
1 vCPU core
10GB HDD space ( pure SSD in San Diego,CA )
250GB traffic
100Mbit uplink ( 1 Gbit in NY )
1x IPv4
20x IPv6 (Germany)
OpenVZ/SolusVM

Coupon: 256LEB
$14/year

Order in New York City - https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=53
Order in San Diego - https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=35
Order in Frankfurt - https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=57

OpenVZ 2GB

2GB RAM
2 vCPU cores
45GB HDD space ( pure SSD in San Diego,CA )
750GB traffic
100 Mbit uplink ( 1 Gbit in NY )
1x IPv4
20x IPv6 (Germany)
OpenVZ/SolusVM

Coupon:  JUNE2GBLEB
$7/month

Order in New York City - https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=10
Order in San Diego - https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=28
Order in Frankfurt - https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=15

UK KVM Classic

512MB RAM
1 vCPU core
15GB HDD space
1000GB traffic
1000 Mbit uplink
1x IPv4
10x IPv6
KVM/Virtualizor
Hampshire, UK
$7/month

Order in here

KVM 1GB SSD Special

1GB RAM
2 vCPU cores
15GB SSD Raid 10 space
1000 GB traffic
1000 Mbit uplink
1x IPv4
KVM/SolusVM
Dallas, TX
Coupon: LEBDallas
$7/month

Order in here

KVM 1GB DE Special

1GB RAM
1 vCPU core
25GB HDD RAID 10 space
250GB traffic
100Mbit uplink
1x IPv4
20x IPv6
KVM/SolusVM
Frankfurt
$7/month

Order in here

We accept payment via PayPal, Moneybookers (Skrill), PerfectMoney, and Bitcoin. We have a 5-day refund policy ( valid only if there is hardware issue ). Additional IPv4 addresses are $1.75 per month; bulk pricing is available. For more information, have a read our Terms of Service.

Network Information

San Diego, CA, USA
Test IPv4: 204.68.96.171

Buffalo, NY, USA
Test IPv4: 198.23.188.161

Dallas, TX, USA
Test IPv4: 104.128.177.130

Frankfurt, Germany
Test IPv4: 84.201.32.33

Hampshire, UK
Test IPv4: 80.243.176.76

PS. New website will be released in July as well as new discounts so stay tuned!

Comments

• Maximum 1 offer thread per provider per 14 days. More frequent than that would be regarded as SPAM and the thread(s) will be removed.

• harispharisp Member
    edited June 2014

@matthewvz What seems to be problem with that? :)
    @0xdragon If my stats are right last offer from us here was on May 8

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

harisp said: @matthewvz What seems to be problem with that? :) @0xdragon If my stats are right last offer from us here was on May 8

Seems like it would break the rule @0xdragon posted, at least it should anyway. @mpkossen can you confirm?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with this, if anything it's a slightly dumb move - surely it'd be smarter to throw up the LET offer once the LEB one was off the front page.

• harispharisp Member

AFAIK on LEB it says one offer every 30 days and here on LET one offer every 14-15 days ( however we didnt posted for more than a month here ).

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Nice double advertising :) Is this allowed?

• harispharisp Member

@fitvpn I dont see why it wouldnt be? It says in the rules for LET every 14 days and for LEB every 30 days ( didnt even posted there before )

• SpiritSpirit Member

LEB featuring by staff have no impact on LET posting by members. LET have own set of rules and posting here isn't directly related to LEB and vice versa.
    This offer is posted within LET rules.

Thanked by 3harisp Mark_R mpkossen
  • @harisp Is a private VPN allowed ? Are TUN/TAP PPP available ?

• harispharisp Member

@niclasonline 2x Yes

Thanked by 1niclasonline
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

Do you allow IRCds? This is a very tempting offer.

• harispharisp Member

@k0nsl : Yes but if some problems happen ( DDoS most likely ) we will terminate that VPS without prior notification or refund.

• Im reposting from LEB since my post seems to await moderation forever so sorry if it eventuallly turns up there too:

Hey, there.

I’m certainly interested in the 256mb Frankfurt server, but want to ask one question first. I’m very new to VPS, so there are many things I don’t know, but anyways – why is the price higher if I choose “no control panel”, and why do the other 2 options have different prices as well.
    I already have several VPS services from different providers, but this is the first time I see such a choice offered.
    Would like to make sure what difference it makes before ordering. All I want is to set up a private OpenVPN server, nothing else that I plan to run on the VPS.

Thanks for any insight!

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Thanks, I'll look into getting one or two in the coming days.

@harisp said:
    k0nsl : Yes but if some problems happen ( DDoS most likely ) we will terminate that VPS without prior notification or refund.

• niclasonlineniclasonline Member
    edited June 2014

EDIT: Works now !

@nermind said:
    Im reposting from LEB since my post seems to await moderation forever so sorry if it eventuallly turns up there too:

Hey, there.

I’m certainly interested in the 256mb Frankfurt server, but want to ask one question first. I’m very new to VPS, so there are many things I don’t know, but anyways – why is the price higher if I choose “no control panel”, and why do the other 2 options have different prices as well.
    I already have several VPS services from different providers, but this is the first time I see such a choice offered.
    Would like to make sure what difference it makes before ordering. All I want is to set up a private OpenVPN server, nothing else that I plan to run on the VPS.

Thanks for any insight!

It's getting really cheaper o.O

I tried to setup OpenVPN on my VPS in Germany, but something with the ip_table module is wrong on the hostserver, so that fails...
    PPTP is not working too, but both (TUN/TAP and PPP) are activated - my windows client is not able to connect :-/

Despite these litte "fail" the hoster looks very good and quite likeable, because of their service/support, the locations and the offers etc. ;-)

• Thanks for feedback, niclasonline! I've run into iptables issues with one other provider, however it didn't take long for them to fix that, so hope its going to be the same case here.

Still looking forward to some info on the control panel choices :)

• niclasonlineniclasonline Member
    edited June 2014

@nermind said:
    Thanks for feedback, niclasonline! I've run into iptables issues with one other provider, however it didn't take long for them to fix that, so hope its going to be the same case here.

Still looking forward to some info on the control panel choices :)

Maybe it's my fault, not sure...

The control panel choices is 100% a unwanted error - would be an extra cost for the hoster and not "payable" with 14$/year ^^

EDIT: Looks like it's up to the host:

FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
    iptables v1.4.7: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to >in smod?)
    Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

• @niclasonline I'm pretty dim when in comes to the technical aspects, but afaik about the iptables issue there is a module(s) missing that has to be installed/enabled. In the case I mentioned (with another company entirely) the support did it for me quickly and easily, I'm not sure if you can do it yourself, at least I don't know how.

As for control panel, the most confusing thing is that NOT getting a control panel costs more (the advertised price, actually), I just wanted that cleared up. Are you saying all that is an error? It certainly affects the price, by choosing one of the control panels it even goes down to 13$/year :)

• harispharisp Member

@niklasonline Yeah it is issue on our end. I have fixed it and you can test it now.
    @nermind : Control Panels are paid on month by month not yearly. I have fixed that error.

• @harisp said:
    niklasonline Yeah it is issue on our end. I have fixed it and you can test it now.
    nermind : Control Panels are paid on month by month not yearly. I have fixed that error.

Thanks, that makes much more sense, I'll give the Frankfurt VPS a shot!

• Ok, it's working now (OpenVPN) after asking the support to enable the module on my VPS - fast support and only took ~20 Minutes !

As reference, how I got it running:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-openvpn-access-server-on-ubuntu-12-04

• Coupon 256LEB no longer work. It keep saying "the coupon you entered have already been used". Is this offer still valid?

• harispharisp Member

@turmune Please e-mail [email protected] if you have problems with your order.

• @harris, I have sent you the errors with attached image and have not getting any reply for 3 days.

• harispharisp Member

@turmune Hm, maybe e-mail went to my spam box instead of inbox. Can you please make an order with 20$/yearly plan and then submit ticket for us to adjust the price.