Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any EU yearly KVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any EU yearly KVM?

I'm looking for a small vps to host a static blog (jekyll) and not much else.
128MB RAM / 5GB HDD would be fine, but not more than 15 €/year (ipv4 needed).
No OpenVZ please (XEN/KVM/everythingelse is full virtualization is ok)

In the past there have been offers like that but i can't find any working right now.

Comments

• trexostrexos Member
    edited June 2014

Onepoundwebhosting :)

Check my signature. They use Xen though.

@Onepound

• GiulioGiulio Member
    edited June 2014

Seems a good offer.
    Anything else in Switzerland or Netherlands?

@BlueVM no way on getting KVM1 in Zurich?

• Giulio said: @BlueVM no way on getting KVM1 in Zurich?

Heh, we all wish.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

Giulio, I can do that for you with XEN-PV in London, UK. €15/year.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@jenok said:
    Giulio, I can do that for you with XEN-PV in London, UK. €15/year.

Sorry, if i have to choose paravirtualization i would go for a cheaper OpenVZ. Thanks anyway for your offer.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

We have a KVM plan in Germany for $15/year which has 256 MB RAM / 2 GB HDD, Could drop the RAM to 128 MB and raise the disk to 4 GB :)
    https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

• GiulioGiulio Member

@SpeedBus said:
    We have a KVM plan in Germany for $15/year which has 256 MB RAM / 2 GB HDD, Could drop the RAM to 128 MB and raise the disk to 4 GB :)
    https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

It says "Out of Stock". is the storage pure SSD? Could you do also 192MB/3GB? Thanks

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Giulio said: It says "Out of Stock". is the storage pure SSD? Could you do also 192MB/3GB? Thanks

Try now, should be in stock now, it's 4 x SATA based HDDs in RAID10 setup, yep sure, I can do that :)

• @trexos said:
    Onepoundwebhosting :)

Thanks @trexos as he mentions we have a Special yearly Xen plan:

LEB-128-Yearly

128mb Ram

256mb Swap

15gb HDD (Raid 10 - SSD Cached)

100gb Bandwidth

1 Cores

500mb Nic

10 Free monitoring checks

1 x IPv4

8 x IPv6

XEN PV - Unmanaged

£12 a year

https://www.onepoundwebhosting.co.uk/cart.php?a=add&pid=62

Open a ticket after ordering and I can switch it to Xen-HVM if you prefer.

• GiulioGiulio Member
    edited June 2014

@onepound said:
    Open a ticket after ordering and I can switch it to Xen-HVM if you prefer.

Thank you, but as I already stated i'm not looking for paravirtualization.

@SpeedBus I'm waiting for a response from BlueVM regarding KVM1 in Zurich. If that isn't available i will definetely choose you

• @Giulio said:
    Thank you, but as I already stated i'm not looking for paravirtualization.

As I stated I can switch you to HVM which I am sure you are aware is full virt

• GiulioGiulio Member

@onepound said:

You are right, sorry i missed last line from your previous post. Can you do something like SpeedBus, for example 10GB/192MB?

• @Giulio said:

PM'd

• GiulioGiulio Member

@onepound said:

Signed up for onepound! Support already switched me to HVM and 102Mb ram, like one minute after opening the title.

Anyway still interested in BlueVM Zurich.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

Giulio said: Anyway still interested in BlueVM Zurich.

Lol, a Swiss VPS for under $15/y is like the LEB holy grail, especially KVM or Xen. Either that or Iceland... those kinds of deals don't come around too often. It's 1.99 EUR/m (on an annual basis) but you might be interested in the Edis Micro KVM plan as a backup... very reputable and on the order form you'll see all their locations (including Zurich, and in Iceland aswell as many other ''rare'' countries).

Thanked by 1souen
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sorry but 1GB HDD on KVM is the killer dont use it.

• trexostrexos Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    Lol, a Swiss VPS for under $15/y is like the LEB holy grail, especially KVM or Xen. Either that or Iceland... those kinds of deals don't come around too often. It's 1.99 EUR/m (on an annual basis) but you might be interested in the Edis Micro KVM plan as a backup... very reputable and on the order form you'll see all their locations (including Zurich, and in Iceland aswell as many other ''rare'' countries).

They look awesome, but 1GB HDD is quite less.

• KVM Smart at 3.99 EUR/m with monthly payment available has 5GB of disk space. Very hard to find these plans on their website though, I just google the plan name.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@AThomasHowe said:

BlueVM is offering a 4GB KVM VPS for 14$/month. divide in half, again and again and again and so on you'll see that 128MB woudn't be much more than 15€ year

1GB HDD is womething that may make the VPS unusable for me. However, for plan not showed on edis site, just guess the urls :)

• Depending on your OS template it'd be no issue running most Jekyll blogs on a 1GB disk. Not saying it'd be fun but it's all flat file and compiled HTML. Not fun or really advisable, but possible ;)

And the problem isn't the resources, it's the price of IPv4 and the adoption rates of IPv6 - both in DCs and their customers home connections. You might get a yearly KVM somewhere for just around $15-$20 but not in Zurich probably.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Giulio said: BlueVM is offering a 4GB KVM VPS for 14$/month. divide in half, again and again and again and so on you'll see that 128MB woudn't be much more than 15€ year

Sorry but that's not how it works. You can't "divide in half, and again and again" the IPv4 address.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@rm_ said:
    Sorry but that's not how it works. You can't "divide in half, and again and again" the IPv4 address.

Would be funny to do though

• KVM UK $22.00 a year
    256kvm - 256MB RAM
    256MB Swap
    550 GB Banwidth
    1 CPU Core
    15 GB Disk
    1 IPV4
    IPV6
    LINUX ONLY KVM

• GiulioGiulio Member

@sz1hosting said:
    KVM UK $22.00 a year
    256kvm - 256MB RAM
    256MB Swap
    550 GB Banwidth
    1 CPU Core
    15 GB Disk
    1 IPV4
    IPV6
    LINUX ONLY KVM

Sorry man, already bought one in UK.

• Giulio said: Sorry man, already bought one in UK.

No problem.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Giulio said: Would be funny to do though

Yeah in a way you can, by selling an IPv6-only VPS and "diving" the v4 address between all users via port forwards, like LowEndSpirit does. But it seems such VPSes are less useful to most people at the moment than ones with a dedicated IPv4.

One more thing I forgot to mention, you can't just put 32 times as much customers with 128MB plan on the node, compared to the amount of 4096MB plan customers the same node could fit -- because of the I/O contention issue. Maybe only on SSD, but even then...

• GiulioGiulio Member

@sz1hosting said:
    KVM UK $22.00 a year
    256kvm - 256MB RAM
    256MB Swap
    550 GB Banwidth
    1 CPU Core
    15 GB Disk
    1 IPV4
    IPV6
    LINUX ONLY KVM

Would you do a 128mb plan?
    Do you accept bitcoin?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Giulio said: Would you do a 128mb plan? Do you accept bitcoin?

No sorry we do not provide anything lower than 256mb on all plans, we only accept paypal at this time.

• GiulioGiulio Member

@sz1hosting said:

Thank you anyway. So I'm still looking for a yearly full virtualization box for secondary dns. 128mb would be fine, maybe even 64

• Giulio said: Thank you anyway. So I'm still looking for a yearly full virtualization box for secondary dns. 128mb would be fine, maybe even 64

I am sure other hosts here can help you with your request.