Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seafile - any long term reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seafile - any long term reviews?

I've recently setup 2 of our VPS with Seafile (wwww.seafile.com) private cloud. 1 is a 90Gb Ramnode in NL for private use (60Gb used) and the other is one of our Crissic 100Gb VPS for work stuff. They' both seem to be working very well sync'ing between Windows7, OSX and iOS.

Anyone used Seafile long term, had any issues?

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Member

I'd like to know that aswel, Seafile looks like a great OwnCloud alternative.

• clkwclkw Member

I've been using Seafile for a month now and works very well for me.. Linux, Windows and Android clients are great.. very smooth..

• ivanhivanh Member

I've had a tinker with seafile and it's pretty good. Obviously not as feature rich as owncloud, but it doesn't need to be.

I backup the owncloud data using btsync and don't think it's possible to do this in seafile due to the git management, so its a no go for me. If anyone knows if its possible, please let me know!

• Over the past week I've found that Seafile 3.0.4 is just too slow on OSX (Mavericks). It's constantly writing to disk and slows everything down. This seems to be an issue with the OSX client as it's runs fine on Win7. I guess there are no such issues with OwnCloud? Anyone using other alternatives on OSX?

• ShadowPhaseShadowPhase Member
    edited July 2014

I used to use Seafile. However, I found the iOS mobile app to be nearly useless, and the upgrade to 3.0.0 was so buggy that I moved on.