Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Coupon?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer Coupon?

TehEnforceTehEnforce Member
edited June 2014 in Requests

Any new active summer coupon codes for domains (.com)?

Only need to register a domain. No need for a transfer or renew only coupon.

Comments

• DOMDEAL in Yahoo Small Business, will give you each domains for $3.95 only :)

• @ironhide said:
    DOMDEAL in Yahoo Small Business, will give you each domains for $3.95 only :)

Hmm I don't think I would trust Yahoo with my domain however.

Also forgot to mention the coupon only needs to be for a registration of a domain. So transfer or renew only coupons would be useless for me.

• said: Any new active summer coupon codes for domains (.com)?

just go to 1and1.com and register your .com for $0.99.

After two months move your domain to Namesilo or Namecheap.

• FritzFritz Veteran

are you sure they will allow that?

• @TheKiller said:
    After two months move your domain to Namesilo or Namecheap.

What about the transfer fees?

• PremiumN said: What about the transfer fees?

Fritz said: are you sure they will allow that?

Its free man. You are allowed to transfer domains to any other registrar.

_But do it at least 40 days before expiration. and don't change contact (whois) information.
    _

• nerouxneroux Member

@Fritz said:
    are you sure they will allow that?

Based on what should they be allowed to prevent it?

@PremiumN said:
    What about the transfer fees?

Which fees? There are only a handful of registrars charging for a transfer-out (which itself is questionable) and 1and1 is not among them AFAIK.

• @neroux im talking about transfer-in fees. For example, if you want to transfer to namecheap i believe they charge around $10 for that

• nerouxneroux Member

PremiumN said: im talking about transfer-in fees. For example, if you want to transfer to namecheap i believe they charge around $10 for that

This also gives you an additional year (except if you do it within the first 30 days IIRC). So its a regular renewal and not a transfer fee.

• PremiumN said: @neroux im talking about transfer-in fees. For example, if you want to transfer to namecheap i believe they charge around $10 for that

Every registrar will you charge you when you transfer in to them. plus they will give you and additional year of extension.

• Not every registrar charges for transfer in.... just the ones you want to move to....
    For example crazydomains gives you free transfer-in's.. with no renewal. Cant do within 60 days from creation or expiry etc... but.... crazydomains sucks..

• FritzFritz Veteran

neroux said: Based on what should they be allowed to prevent it?

Usually when a registrar give special price they will lock your domain so that it can not be transferred.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

AutoSnipe said: For example crazydomains gives you free transfer-in's.. with no renewal.

AFAIK the extension is mandatory.

Can anyone with a valid EPP code attempt a transfer? Not that what they call free is free for the transfer and then a regular renewal.

Fritz said: Usually when a registrar give special price they will lock your domain so that it can not be transferred.

A registrar is not allowed to prevent a registrant from transferring unless there is evidence of fraud, a UDRP actions, a court order, dispute over the identity and similar cases. A discounted registration fee is definitely not part of it. Any registrar preventing a transfer based on this would be in severe violation of their ICANN agreement.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Fritz said: Usually when a registrar give special price they will lock your domain so that it can not be transferred.

No, they wont (at least, not all). For example, Godaddy offers can be transferred (I did it some months ago, 2 months after registration) and a lot of registrars won't charge you for moving the domain to them.