Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with big disk for personal cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS with big disk for personal cloud

Need a cheap VPS but with big disk space for own cloud. Or would it be cheaper upgrading Dropbox disk?

Comments

• ccaritaccarita Member
    edited June 2014

It depends on how much space you need...

• Google Drive is one of the cheapest storage options I know. $9.99 for 1TB.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

One of the best options for this, is the Kimsufi KS1 dedicated server for 4.99 EUR/month with a 500GB HDD.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

You also have Hubic. It's cost less than Dropbox and Drive and have a better redundacy and more clear ToS and data privacy policy.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • We have 500GB for $7/month or 1TB for $14/month

Check the signature if interested.

• backupsy.com or vpsdime.com

• n1kkon1kko Member

Thanks everyone gives me a good few options. Think I need around 250gb disk and 512 ram for owncloud.

• n1kkon1kko Member
    edited June 2014

I would just rather have my personal files etc on my own server rather than Dropbox or google drive.

I have a 1tb hard drive which no longer works and lost a lot of files and photos. At least with running my own I won't lose anything

• @n1kko : In that case, backupsy, fliphost, or buyvm all the way.

• NavynNavyn Member

+1 for google drive

• n1kkon1kko Member

I often wonder if my files and years of family photos are safe with the likes of google drive and Dropbox

• n1kkon1kko Member

I have joined Hubic 10TB offer for €10 per month nothing comes close what a bargain!