Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PPS issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PPS issues

HorusHorus Member

Hello,
I've VPS with centos 5 and kloxo control panel
got a notification that my service has now been suspended.
Suspension Reason: 33.6K PPS,what is PPS?
please,how can i fix this issues

Comments

• You can fix it by not using an out-of-date control panel.

• PPS = Packets per second

Either you've received 33,600 PPS or sent it. You need to ask your hosting provider to give you a copy of the flow data that lead up to that suspension so you can work out what happened

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

You were probably hacked (thanks to Kloxo) and your VPS was sending outbound DDoS or some sort of flood

• NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

It sounds like you need someone with the skill set necessary to review and resolve this issue. I would suggest hiring a server management company to review your server for a compromise -- if you still are able to access it!

• Use kloxo mr

• HorusHorus Member
    edited June 2014

is kloxo mr More protect

• Better and updated I guess.You can ask [email protected] will set up free even if you host with us.

no kidding ;p

• wychwych Member

Get a backup, move to a new host, setup KloxoMR (if you want Kloxo) and then restore your sites.

• nerouxneroux Member

wych said: move to a new host

Why so?

• HorusHorus Member

thank you,I've Annually VPS plan

• wychwych Member

@neroux said:
    Why so?

Why not? ;)

But fair point... Work with your current host and explain you are moving away from Kloxo to Kloxo MR and ask them to unsuspend your VPS.

• HorusHorus Member

they said ,we can unsuspend but you will need to re-format and change your passwords.

• nerouxneroux Member

Horus said: they said ,we can unsuspend but you will need to re-format and change your passwords.

Not an unreasonable request for a compromised machine.

• wychwych Member

@Horus said:
    they said ,we can unsuspend but you will need to re-format and change your passwords.

I would guess thats their standard practice.