Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USA VPS needed for RDP purpose, budget $5 per month, i need 10 VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

USA VPS needed for RDP purpose, budget $5 per month, i need 10 VPS

Hi
i need 10 USA VPS for RDP Purpose, i will not install any torrent or software in it, only browsers, my budget is $5 per month, i need 10 vps, that is $5 x 10

thanks

Comments

• Assuming your "Browsers" are not either HitLeap or JingLing, we'll happily help you with this; assuming you can bring your own licenses for Windows Server .

• my browsers are never jingling nor Hitleap, how do bring my own windows server, please guide me

• @exponent22 said:
    how do bring my own windows server, please guide me

I believe he means, bring your own Windows license key. In other words, you purchase the Windows's key and license them yourself instead of the host licensing your server for you.

• but i dont know how to purchase the window's key, am just a newbie here

thanks

• @exponent22 said:
    but i dont know how to purchase the window's key, am just a newbie here

thanks

I've never brought my own license, but from what I know, you'd need to purchase this: Windows Server 2012 License which is $150 + tax. Since you need 10 VMs, I believe you'd need 10 licenses. That'd run you a pretty penny, i'd suggest finding a host that provides you with a license.

• @skybucks100 said:
    I've never brought my own license, but from what I know, you'd need to purchase this: Windows Server 2012 License which is $150 + tax. Since you need 10 VMs, I believe you'd need 10 licenses. That'd run you a pretty penny, i'd suggest finding a host that provides you with a license.

Another option is purchasing as Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter License, which is good for a number of processors [ as specified per the specific license ] and unlimited virtual machines running on those processors.

That being said, depending on what OP needs the servers for, he can get free* licenses from DreamSpark, or through an SPLA provider. Or he may be allowed to use the Evaluation depending on whatever he is trying to run.

However, OP's budget is not enough for providers like Winity.IO that come with a license.

• @GoodHosting said:

Hm, so is that how services like Winity get away such low costs and margins? They just purchase a Datacenter license and license their entire node?

Also, I don't think Dreamspark would be for him as it's not meant for commercial purposes, but I don't think Microsoft will overly care. (Not a legal opinion though)

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

At your price range couldn't you get a cheap dedi, throw windows on it and give 10 users their own accounts? Probably get better performance than 10 separate instances of Windows too.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    At your price range couldn't you get a cheap dedi, throw windows on it and give 10 users their own accounts? Probably get better performance than 10 separate instances of Windows too.

you need to buy an extra license if you want to have a lot of users rdp at the same time :) Can't recall what is the name of the product but that's the case after doing a case study about it

• dnwkdnwk Member

I don't think the OP is plan to use legit license.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @wcypierre said:
    you need to buy an extra license if you want to have a lot of users rdp at the same time :) Can't recall what is the name of the product but that's the case after doing a case study about it

Microsoft Terminal Services

OR CAL Licenses

They're more expensive than VMs..... LOL

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @GoodHosting said:
    They're more expensive than VMs..... LOL

Yeah. I planned to use Windows Server for multi user rdp purpose in the past as well...... Until I realized that you can't do so legally. And heck, the license ain't cheap yo

• In all seriousness, put at least 8x SSDs and some powerful processors together and buy enough Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter licenses to cover your processor count. That's the most cost-effective means of housing many instances of Windows.

Thanks to Microsoft license downgrade rights, you can run older versions of WIndows on the same box, as long as you have the newer license than the version you are trying to run. And you can run unlimited VMs as long as you have enough licenses for the physical processors on the host machine.

• wychwych Member

Stretch up to $7 and use Winity.io you can find a discount code here.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@GoodHosting said:
    Microsoft Terminal Services
    OR CAL Licenses

Actually you need both.
    You need 1 TS CAL per user.
    You need 1 windows CAL per user.

And it's not concurrent users. One per named user or per device connected.
    Not cheep being legal. :)

• RurikoRuriko Member

If you're only going to run browsers then I'd suggest using ubuntu desktop instead of windows since it's free

• nerouxneroux Member

What do you want to achieve? Why ten servers? If it is only for browsing why do you have a specific requirement as to the operating system?

In short, I am afraid but this configuration is rather unlikely with this budget.