Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtovo Announcement - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtovo Announcement

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

concerto49 said: As in Oktay asked her if it's Oktay? :p

I notice there's no denial from your good self....

• blackblack Member
    We were not able to agree terms on the proposed sale of the business.  We will therefore continue with our plan of closure of services.  Miami services are due to expire on July 1st.  Any services in Vancouver are scheduled to expire on the July 19th as previously arranged.

:(

• BradBrad Member

@black said:

We were not able to agree terms on the proposed sale of the business.  We will therefore continue with our plan of closure of services.  Miami services are due to expire on July 1st.  Any services in Vancouver are scheduled to expire on the July 19th as previously arranged.

:(

GVH, here's your chance.

• earlearl Member

black said: We were not able to agree terms on the proposed sale of the business.

Not surprising considering it's a woman :P

• support123support123 Member
    edited June 2014

Tbh there is no terms from her side, she just wants the customers to move on naturally.
    anybody who wanting to make deals will be simply wasting their time.Beware !

• earlearl Member

@ftpit said:
    Tbh there is no terms from her side, she just wants the customer to move on naturally

You need to barter with things like coach or Michael Kors.. everything else is like foreign language to them :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @earl said:
    Not surprising considering it's a woman :P

@earl said:
    You need to barter with things like coach or Michael Kors.. everything else is like foreign language to them :)

Wow, I am speechless.

• earl said: You need to barter with things like coach or Michael Kors.. everything else is like foreign language to them :)

I realize you're attempting humor here, but that's not funny, especially given the trying time she's undoubtedly having closing her business out.

• @ftpit said:
    Tbh there is no terms from her side, she just wants the customers to move on naturally.

No surprise there.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • We actually have plans to offer KVM in Miami with QuadraNet after moving LA & Dallas back to CC so I'd genuinely be interested in kick starting that product line with an acquisition.

@Virtovo PM me please if you'd be interested in selling out to us.

• blackblack Member

GreenValueHost said: moving LA & Dallas back to CC

Oh boy, here we go again.

• earlearl Member

@hellogoodbye said:
    Wow, I am speechless.

:P ;)

• PwnerPwner Member

@black said:
    Oh boy, here we go again.

Since when did we "leave" in the first place in order to "go again"?

• blackblack Member

If I recall correctly, GVH started with services provided by CC, then loads of people complained, saying it was another CC shell company and how it sucks. Jon decided to use other providers, specifically mentioning it wasn't CC. Then, I think people realized it wasn't really CC's fault for the issues they were having with GVH. I guess now GVH decided to move back to CC.

• @earl said:b
    You need to barter with things like coach or Michael Kors.. everything else is like foreign

Ok I willl try Barter with some Kors' latest.

Thanked by 1earl
  • I would like to know the reasons for which Virtovo have decided to close because I was hearing good things about their servers from people & it's quite shocking to see a host which was building a good reputation to close like this.

• NodeKid said: lowendtalkmisogyny.com

From one user with no encouragement...

K2Bytes said: I would like to know the reasons for which Virtovo have decided to close because I was hearing good things about their servers from people & it's quite shocking to see a host which was building a good reputation to close like this.

They seem pretty... impulsive. Or maybe risk averse. I would stretch for impulsive seeing as the deal has now fallen through.

• Virtovo, We are also located in Miami, perhaps in the same facility. I would be interested in discussing an acquisition. Please feel free to reach out to me.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Virtovo was great provider. Best VPS speed i saw around, best control panel etc... I'm so sorry to see that you need to close your doors.

I'm not real user, i got one free VPS from this company that helped me to work on my projects. And even like free user they provided me with good support and 0 downtime.

I wish you all the best.

• I don't understand how a deal that involved no risk and no loss cannot be agreed due to conflicting terms. What possible 'terms' can there be when the alternative is closing and everyone losing out?

• seansean Member

Just speculation but I would imagine in closing down they can utilise credit provided by their suppliers whilst still taking payment from customers = some free money assuming they don't refund customers. This is especially true if some have paid annually or similar.

• Liam said: Virtovo is UK registered company, so data laws could be one.

Sure, but I can't think of any terms where that would have been the deal-breaker. Data protection is data protection no matter how you slice it so even if someone from outside the UK was taking over, 99% of the rules would still be adhered to (provided it's a sensible, decent company)

Also, unless there are debts, it's very easy to wind the legal entity down with no issues.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@MartinD said:
    I don't understand how a deal that involved no risk and no loss cannot be agreed due to conflicting terms. What possible 'terms' can there be when the alternative is closing and everyone losing out?

And the last resort offer of just taking over the nodes as are, just makes no sense.

• MartinDMartinD Member
    edited June 2014

Was it with yourself that the deal fell through?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

@MartinD said:
    Was it with yourself that the deal fell through?

Naa, someone else, I just offered to have the servers transferred to my account rather than anyone having to migrate, my understanding was there was no value in a sale.

• AnthonySmith said: my understanding was there was no value in a sale.

That leads back to the whole not knowing why terms couldn't be reached. Seems strange :\

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited June 2014

To clear up any speculation or confusion. All refunds requested have been processed. All customer subscriptions have been cancelled from our side to prevent accidental payment post closure. We have only ever offered monthly payments.

All suppliers are paid for in advance and we are ending on good terms with all suppliers with nothing owed. Some suppliers are active here and can confirm we have requested closure of accounts etc.

The proposed acquisition was to take over the LTD including Paypal accounts and bank accounts. As these had set off clauses against personal accounts it was not possible to transfer this without risk. The announcement made here was requested early on in discussions by the proposed buyer to prevent churn.

All clients have been kept updated throughout this whole process despite less frequents posts here. Vancouver services will continue until July 19th as agreed previously and support will be offered to these clients up to that point.

• RurikoRuriko Member

So sad I still can't find a host to price match the old plans :(

• @Ruriko said:
    So sad I still can't find a host to price match the old plans :(

We could have a go at it if you would like; just PM me some proof of the previous plan [ a screenshot of an invoice or something else showing the price and specifications. ]

• Nekki said: I notice there's no denial from your good self....

For immediate release.

Wait for it.

2 hours later...

No press release still. There's an unofficial rumor that it's no.