Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedicated Server didibox +gen 2 review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedicated Server didibox +gen 2 review

Hey all again,
after getting some reviews from people ( http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/621691 ) i finaly made the jump to dedicated server and so far its goin great! Support from them is amazing and rapid <2mins at times

so i just wanted to share my bench.sh with you all

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 1600.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 7977 MB Total amount of swap : 975 MB System uptime : 4:43, Download speed from CacheFly: 93.5MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 12.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 15.2MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.50MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 56.1MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 59.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.44MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 12.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 11.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 23.4MB/s I/O speed : 125 MB/s

so what do people think they seem pretty decent to me. i also get a 32ms ping time to bradford uk from it located in central france

Comments

• BradBrad Member
    edited June 2014

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited June 2014

@Brad said:

idk why he posted a . on your post but I felt like copying him

• wychwych Member

Glad its serving you well!

• so i assume these can be classed as decent results?

• AmitzAmitz Member

Sure. I have several servers with them and share your happiness. They improved a lot during the last year!

Thanked by 1ginner159
  • the specs seemed great! plus i can actually get to their control panel from work! (worlds strictest firewall ever! like being back in school) just need to get my client base up and work out what the hell to do with my /48 ipv6 address! (over 17million ipv6 if im not mistaken)

• J1021J1021 Member

I get 12ms ping from Roubaix to Bristol with OVH <==> TalkTalk.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@1e10 said:
    I get 12ms ping from Roubaix to Bristol with OVH <==> TalkTalk.

Tell the girls and you get laid. For sure. ;)

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • J1021J1021 Member

@Amitz said:
    Tell the girls and you get laid. For sure. ;)

I'll tell them something about the lines of something measuring 12..

Thanked by 2Amitz AlexanderM
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2014

In that case, an online.net server might let you seem even more "mighty mighty"... :)
    Just imagine whispering something like "enterprise grade hardware" and the number "32". That sounds great in inches AND centimeters.

• BradBrad Member

@Corey said:
    idk why he posted a . on your post but I felt like copying him

Made an error, sorry.

• @ginner159 said:
    Support from them is amazing and rapid <2mins at times

Now, this is new.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@DalComp said:
    Now, this is new.

Well, this is surely not the norm. But indeed, they are quite quick during business hours. I had most tickets resolved < 2h. Just weekends and after business hours can become painful. Just like with OVH/Kimsufi, Hetzner & Co.

• <2mins at times

Sounds really great. The most reason stops me to rent server here is feedback about bad support. Please, write another review after 2-3 months of using. We'll see.

Thank you.

• wychwych Member

Replies I see are one of two extremes. Instant or days.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

I agree with you @wych, they can be instant literly like 2 minutes and sometimes it can take days.