Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review About KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review About KVM VPS

cbasimccbasimc Member
edited June 2014 in Reviews

This my VPS review of Review of kvmvps.us

I have bought a VPS from kvmvps.us 1 month ago and i want to share my experiences with my new vps with lowend talk members.so here is the review about my new KVM VPS

Specs:-

RAM: 238 MB 
vSwap: 0 
Bandwidth: 500 GB 
Core: 
Storage: 20 GB 
IPs: 2 IPv4 Address 

Price:-
19.99$ per Year

VPS Information, Benchmark and some speedtest

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6) 
Number of cores : 1 
CPU frequency : 3500.024 MHz 
Total amount of ram : 238 MB 
Total amount of swap : 0 MB 
System uptime : 9 days, 35 min, 
Download speed from CacheFly: 44.2MB/s 
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.17MB/s 
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 7.98MB/s 
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.52MB/s 
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 314KB/s 
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.33MB/s 
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.04MB/s 
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 16.0MB/s 
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 32.4MB/s 
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 7.84MB/s 
I/O speed : 156 MB/s 

Cachefly Speed Test

http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test 
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175 Connecting to     cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected. 
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 
200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream] 
Saving to: â/dev/nullâ 100%[====>] 104,857,600 46.5M/s in 2.2s 

Speedtest.net Graphical Result:-

Planned usage

*Webhost
*Game Host

VPS Pros

Good RAM
24/7 Support
No Downtime
Free Site Transfer
Secure

Site Link:kvmvps.us/

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@Sunn how much are you paying for reviews?

• SunnSunn Member

@matthewvz said:

Have nothing better to do, do you? Don't ask irregular questions based on no primary source.

• cbasimccbasimc Member
    edited June 2014

@matthewvz

do you think i am getting paid to make reviews? lol
    then everyone will make reviews

• BradBrad Member

A few benchmarks is not really a review. If that was the case, I'd have more than 20 "reviews" threads by now.

Thanked by 2matthewvz 0xdragon
  • You just write the bench result. Not your opinion about the host it self. A review, IMHO, could be much better than this.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@cbasimc said:
    matthewvz

do you think i am getting paid to make reviews? lol
    then everyone will make reviews

But most people that submit reviews that don't look fishy are somewhat active, before this you had no comments or new threads.

@Sunn said:
    Have nothing better to do, do you? Don't ask irregular questions based on no primary source.

I think I do have a bit of a 'primary source' to go on here. Read above.

• I purchased a USA-Small with 256MB RAM, 15GB HDD but they gave me just 128MB RAM and 10GB HDD !!!
    Another thing is their VPS really suck! I can't install wget, the process always be killed. Opened ticket for 3 days and no response. I requested refund and no response too.

I opened a dispute to PayPal to get my refund. It's just $14 but I'd rather give to charity than buy their sh!tty VPS.

Stay away from KVM VPS!

Ps: The "CEO" even can't setup own mail, he used a free mail: [email protected] !!!

• SunnSunn Member

NewforVPS : Cut the crap and get to the point. You opened a dispute before we even fixed your service. We responded to every ticket in a promptly manner. You opened a dispute first, then requested refund.

Have a great day, nice doing business with you, starting drama won't get you anywhere.

• SunnSunn Member

@cbasimc - Thanks for the review, but i feel you should of included a bit more information rather then just benchmarks.

• @Sunn You gave me wrong VPS and I couldn't use it (what kind of VPS can't install wget ?). I reboot, reinstall OS but nothing change. I opened ticket but you didn't reply. I even can't log in your SolusVM page, the client area changed to PHPTravel !!! Is it enough to open dispute ?

• BradBrad Member

@cbasimc - don't take it personal

• SunnSunn Member

Good job,

Just because you had one bad experience does not mean by services, vps are bad. You simply did not have the knowledge to initiate the tasks.

1.) PHP Travels: At the moment, we migrated our site (you can check logs for that), therefore it was a DNS issue.

2.) The staff did reply to the tickets.

3.) I've had several clients so far, and some start drama like you. I do not precisely remember his issue as it was 3-4 Months ago, but i guarantee we were being reasonable with him. As per his case, he requested and refund first, before opening a dispute. So, i gladly gave him a refund.

• said: I have bought a VPS from kvmvps.us

vSwap: 0

So it's not a KVM VPS?

• A collection of benchmarks does not a review make.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited June 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    A collection of benchmarks does not a review make.

If we're going to do some Yoda-style ass frying on this review, then let LET know what Yoda said: this post about reviews, thou shalt read.