Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disk I/O performance 9.3 MB/s - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disk I/O performance 9.3 MB/s

2»

Comments

• @Pwner I have never had that issue, got an uptime of 100+ days with it, and it isn't that bad as well.

• PwnerPwner Member

@eddynetweb Hmm, maybe it's because I was running an SAMP server on mine. It's more RAM intensive, so it could have been causing the lag from time to time on the cache.

• I'm not as big on I/o as a lot of people here and I guess 11MB/s is okay... I would prefer at least around the 50 range though. Maybe I won't use 50MB/s but I know that the disk isn't in 100% use 100% of the time.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited June 2014

I got 2.5MB/s with weloveservers, looks like some one was abusing.
    Their uptime is good.
    I've heard many people said 20MB/s is enough for websites, but I do feel lagging when the DD results is more than 20MB/s:

root@xxxx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 38.6363 s, 27.8 MB/s

Maybe when the IO performance is not good, the CPU and Memory is overuse too.

• trexostrexos Member

@hiphiphip0 said:
    I got 2.5MB/s with weloveservers, looks like some one was abusing.
    Their uptime is good.
    I've heard many people said 20MB/s is enough for websites, but I do feel lagging when the DD results is more than 20MB/s:

root@xxxx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 38.6363 s, 27.8 MB/s

Maybe when the IO performance is not good, the CPU and Memory is overuse too.

Got 19MB/s with WLS, but I'm only running a ts3server and didn't notice any slowdowns. I reported it but its okay for me:)