Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many IDLE VPSes do you have? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many IDLE VPSes do you have?

2»

Comments

• wychwych Member

There is no option for 0.

• cassacassa Member

I don't know ;s

• 11 - 20 here, not count the exact number :-s

• This topic looks like: "Who stole my keys?" "I didn't!"

• 7 less than yesterday.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Down to 8 now, but slowly handing them out to loving homes. By the time I'm done, I should be down to 9 VPS & 2 Dedis, all actually doing something and using the majority of their resources.

• edited June 2014

I have one. It's simply running minimal Debian 6 with SSHD and Nginx. But nothing hosted on it or anything else running. 5 MB RAM used of 1 GB and 330 MB of 250 GB HDD used.

• So what do you guy's do with your not-idle vpses?

• earlearl Member

Not sure why but there was so many good deals last month that I'm back to having too many VPS's..

• J1021J1021 Member

@C0mpass said:
    So what do you guy's do with your not-idle vpses?

On my KS-1 in RBX I have Apache and MySQL running for a Piwik installation. The box is also used for storing images from a CCTV camera. It also runs BIND for DNS.

On my KS-1 in BHS I sync all of the files from my KS-1 in RBX for backup purposes.

My 128MB VM at BuyVM NJ runs as a MySQL slave for the MySQL installation on the KS-1 in RBX and also as a BIND slave for the BIND installation on my KS-1 in RBX.

My 123Systems VM in Dallas sits idle.

My VPSDime storage VPS is technically idle, it is mirroring the contents of my KS-1 in RBX using BTSync (same as the KS-1 in BHS) and will be cancelled soon. When I ordered the VM with VPSDime I didn't have the second Kimsufi.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

I currently have 9 small VPS', all in different countries just being used as pingers (for my monitoring script).. So barely used.

And a few more small yearly deals that I couldn't help myself with.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited June 2014

@C0mpass said:

I buy as I need, so I currently have 3.

One has 2GB's of RAM, and is my main operations server, so to speak. It's running a web, mail, DNS (not open), and MySQL solutions. I'm also running ZNC on it, for IRC stuff.

Another one also has 2GB's of RAM, and is running as a backup server, and some MySQL stuff. It is also running a game server.

Last one has 512MB's of RAM, and will soon be my main cluster solution, for now it's really idling I assume.

I also have a few trials from providors laying around, including the VirtuaClub one that is free for life, is also idiling, pretty much.

I'm not a money waster, and I use my VPS'es legitly. If anyone wants to donate resources to me, i'd love that. <3

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • khavkhav Member

@C0mpass said:

I don't like to waste money , it don't grow on trees

I have 3 servers atm....one dedicated server for my main site + 2 vps(one tor relay node and the other is for torrents)

• SunnSunn Member

1 Million and 2.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Mark_R said: I can't believe that there are actually people wasting money on something that they dont use. ridiculous.

I have some idle vps's. But used for testing the services, so, I know from my own experience about the stability, integrity, performance of the provider.
    Some of the providers I tested service for a couple of months playing around with it, was later my choice for yearly deals.

Some other idle vps's were some very good occasionally offers, that I bought to have them replace later some other more expensive boxes.

Also, there are some idle boxes I have for instant disaster recovery servers, and some others very cheap that used rarelly for, e.g. streaming purposes (load balanced streaming, setup ready to be used on occasionally shows).

• derpderp Member

3 right now until the host closes up shop and they disappear.

• 6-7 any suggestion?

• Do Idle Dedicated servers count? I currently have a C6100 that is humming along not really doing anything but hey it's there if I need it :D